Neighbor hood ponds

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TX Fisherman, Dec 24, 2006.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    there is a neighborhood pond not to far from my house, and catfishing used to be really good there, and not to long ago, they just stopped biting. we use hot dogs in there because thats what has worked for the past 2 years. , the pond is probably about 1 acre and has a fountain in the middle, not very deep, stocked w/ bass, catfish, trout (winter). any suggestions on what to try?

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Catch and Release!

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

worms, minnows, livers.................................................................

4. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    One of the deacons at church has a pond about that size. His dad stocked it years ago and fished it but he has since passed away. So he lets me fish it anytime I want. I've tried all sorts of baits in it and the only thing I can catch the catfish on is beef or pork liver. It has some dandies in it too and they have reproduced in it as I catch lots of em in the 1-2 pound range. Biggest so far from it is a 11 pounder.

5. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    I would try a hamburger bait if you want to pm me i,ll give you a recipe to catch the them cats. It works. Sold alot of it in my bait shop.

6. sloenuf

sloenuf New Member

State:
    cincinnati, ohio
    around here in the neighborhood ponds me and some friends either use hotdogs or brauts... been doing it for years with lots of success pulled some decent size channels in... just this morning landed a 5lbs channel on a piece of braut

7. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    sounds like what we do, but we never get any that big, i think im gonna try that hamburger meat, cause all of a sudden they just stopped biting hot dogs

8. sloenuf

sloenuf New Member

State:
    cincinnati, ohio
    yea im interested in tryin that out now too... sounds pretty nice

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I would try livers, worms, or cut or live bream.