Neighbor at Cheney Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by KansasKatter, Jul 20, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    My neighbor pulled into the driveway last night with his boat, so I knew he had been fishing. I went over to see if he had any luck. Did he! He had a nice stringer of channel cat, 8 in all, from 4 to 12 pounds. That was not the impressive part. He pulled his digital camera out and showed me the pictures of the three 20+lbs channels he caught and released! That makes 10 this year he has caught out of Cheney Lake that were over 20lbs!

The white perch has really hurt Cheney, but that thing has got to be full of big Channels!

2. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Man I can't seem to catch anything out there ( except white perch lol ) of course I don't have a boat ..any suggestions???

3. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Man, I wish! I am in the same boat (or not in the same boat) you are, stuck on the bank fighting the damm white perch! He catches his over on Wenzel Cove. There is a feeder over there, but he does not fish close to it, he ties his boat to the submerged stumps that are about 100 yards out. He has a good mess about once a week.

I have to find a boat, or more importantly a way to afford a boat!

:big_smile: