Needs 3.73 possi to get my sick piece of chevy back on its feet

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by wvpurehomegrown, Aug 3, 2007.

1. wvpurehomegrown

wvpurehomegrown New Member

State:
    west virginia
    hello everyone, mike from upsher county was wondering if anyone out there could help me find a rear end for my 88 chevy 1/2 ton truck.Seee she laid down on me about 2 months ago and cant seem to find a 3.73 possi 10 bolt 6 lug to put back in it HELP anyone can Pm thanks and good luck on ol' man whiskers been really slow:crazy:

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    they should be around every where.
    Kept the same rear end until atleast 98
    i had 88, shelled out rear end and got one outta 98 and 3.73 GR and everything

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I agree. Those should be pretty common in the yards. Good luck.

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm in Indiana but I have a Chevy rearend that came out of an 86 1/2 ton. I had it redone with an Auburn locker and 3.73 gears.

In 1986 they quit putting 350s in 1/2 tons and had that worthless 305 guttless wonder. After my 86 had about 70,000 on it, I redone the rearend so that truck had a little guts. My wife wrecked it after 6 months of the rearend being done. I saved it and the 5 speed manual trans as I thought I could find a use for it.

I do not know if it will fit your truck or not. It cost me 800 years ago to get it fixed up. Thats why I bought the truck back from the insurance company when my wife totaled it. Sold the motor to a neighbor kid as it was fixed up a little bit as I really got tired of it being a gutless wonder. Scrapped the rest. Wife got hit in drivers door by a little Dodge car that litterly went under the truck. Bent the frame, nobody hurt, lost a nice truck.

Give me a call if interested 1 219 872 7282 Michigan City, Indiana 46360

If you feel like driving this far to pick it up, I'll gladly sell it to you. Auburn makes a good locker.

5. wvpurehomegrown

wvpurehomegrown New Member

State:
    west virginia
    :crazy: wv purehomegrown again hey i wanted to thank GMC Fish hauler.bluejay and that young man "oh no" for your reply's but i have looked everywhere for it and only 1 place has it and they want $700 for it i would but i an having a rough time.See i was diagnosed with a severe case of Crohns disease been battling it for 7 yrs now just got diagnosed last june 06 ,so my money is pretty tight,been outa work for a yr now,kinda messes up the fishin trips alot sick all the time,but any ways if you or you know anyone in wv please give me a shout need to get her back on her feet so the other half doesnt get mad about me taking the car for them all nighters on the water anynmore.:embarassed: