Needing help

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BILLYP, Jul 30, 2007.

1. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    could anyone help me by telling me what kind of snake this is?

Attached Files:

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    To me, It looke to be a garder snake or a type of garder snake. but I am no expert!:big_smile:

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Who cares.. smack it with an oar and flip it away from the boat! :smile2:

4. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    I can't smack it with an ore im at work and my wife is going crazy at the house becasue it is in her water garden. See i though it was a garder snake or a eastern worm snake.

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I would actually agree with TopSgt... i'd say it is a garder snake which is harmless.

Appears to be a rounded head... generally speak is nonpoisonous. Just a rodent eater is all it is.

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was gonna say worm snake, but I don't know what their range is. Doesn't look like a garter snake to me, but it is not venomous....unless it's a non-native species. Here's pic of a worm snake. They do look alot alike.

Attached Files:

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Does look pretty similar. Hard to tell from the photo.. to me oin my monitor and graphical settings on this PC... I thought I saw striping on the snake. Can't tell exactly. But ya, I think you have a point on that now I look at the worm snake.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It doesn't look like a garter snake ,but it does look like a glass snake to me, which it really a legless lizard.

9. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    in my opinion all snakes are 8ft anacondas. Kill the sucker

10. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
  11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    People are not born to be afraid of snakes, they are taught to be. I don't kill snakes that are not threatening me(non-poisonous) nor, do I agree with killing them needlessly. Even a poisonous snake is harmlees if you leave them alone. Most of the stories you hear about people getting bit are ones that involve people that were bothering the snake to begin with. I have had cottonmouths coil up between my legs while I was bank fishing and they never once got agressive or attempted to do me harm. I just got up and moved after a while and the snake stayed there UNHARMED!!!! Most snakes will make you hurt yourself, LOL!!!

12. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    right on jw! they can also make you have urinary problems if they get too close lol scared the what outta me? lol :tounge_out: so a lizard that looks like a snake,can a snake look like a lizard? hmm must use branches for legs lol :wink: wow what a sight that would be lol :tounge_out:

13. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I agree with ya :smile2:

14. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    JW has it right, the only snake that I have killed in my life was a 5 foot copperhead that was in my moms dog pins bitting the puppies. Other than that I have been bittin by black snakes, copperheads, water snakes, and I still don't hate them. It just tells me that i was being to rought with it when i was placing it in the woods away from people.
    By the way it was a Glass snake or Glass Lizarda and know he is a household pet. After I found out how docile he was i put him in a 55 gallon terrarium. My step-daughter loves him and always wants to hold him.

15. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    and thats turning a frown upside down lol thats pretty cool having a horrible monster (at least thats what your wife was thinking right?) lol turned into a pet your step-daughter loves it kinda makes you feel good knowing its not DEAD! lol if they dont mess with you dont mess with them is my theory, dont kill something because you are afraid of it lol heck people are afraid of me at the store all the time but they dont kill me lol i have long hair and im kinda big so they tend to shy away from me and wont look me in the eyes a lot lol
    but im a teddy bear when they realize it they talk up a storm to me its kinda nice to help them over come such goofy phobias lol :roll_eyes::smile2:

16. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Yeah just found out last night that the Glass snake is an endangered species in NC so the wildlife officer in my county is coming over tonight to get Bruce (that is what my daughter named it) and to look at where I found him at and see if we can find more or some eggs.
    This is all because I didn't know what kind of snake it was, but at least i am helping out a species that is near extinction.

17. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brothers and Sisters;
    I agree with J.W. 100%. I was born and raised "Country", matter of fact not too far from where J.W. is now!:big_smile: Even the venomous snakes don't want to waste time on you because humans are too BIG to eat!!!
    But, like most animals, and some people, {{such as J.W. and myself}} we will defend ourselves to the best of our abilities, with what we have when threatened!!
    In the case of snakes, they WILL try to get away, given half a chance, and their only other defense is to bite! Venomous or not, they will try to bite in defense when picked up or poked at!
    In the case of humans, well we know what humans do to each other!:sad2::angry:
    I don't remember the fellows name but a few posts ago the gentleman that had that photo of a "water snake" was actually holding a legless lizard. The reason I know this is I just happened to watch a Discovery Channel Program that I taped earlier this week and it showed the photo and actual live action on this critter! :big_smile: Yes, it does look like a snake but there is one sure way to know. This critter can blink it's eyes, a snake cannot!
    Hope this helps out and J.W., if you need any extra firepower or blades you just let me know!!!:wink: T-Hee-hee-hee
    You ALL Take Care and Keep SAFE!
    Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]