Needing Help - Dewey Lake catfish

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfisherman_eky3, Apr 16, 2008.

1. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey guys I figured I would ask everyone info on this question that fishes the Lake im planning on going to Dewey Lake some this year, I was wondering if anyone knows where any good bank spots would be on the lake to catch some catfish. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

2. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Dewey lake is a pretty good cat lake but bank acess is spotty. Try the upper end of the lake. Johns creek area for some pretty good catfishing from the bank.

3. Matt_Clouse

Matt_Clouse New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    fishing at dewey is great on some nights .. some places to hit up is arrow head point infront of dewey dam in that right corner, that grown up walking path beside terry boat ramp,or right across the road and down the hill from the campground i do best usually with rotted liver worms or chubs

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I'll be there next weekend and post how I do . Am also gonna try the tailwaters for trout stocked the middle of this month . Called the bioligist and he said the tailwaters are pretty shallow though so don't know if i'll pick up any cats or not.I will be using worms,stinkbait .cut gills and shad if Ican get them .He said there are flats in there to but not to many big ones he also mentioned fishing up at german bridge . I don't know this lake at all hpe it helps