Needing a good fishing spot

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by bgoodman498, May 29, 2007.

1. bgoodman498

bgoodman498 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Can anybody help me find a good spot to fish from the bank to catch some skillet size channels? I prefer to stay around the KC area. Thanks in advance to all the BOC members for their help!

2. wrs75

wrs75 New Member

State:
    mo
    smithville has a lot of places you can get to and fish from the bank, also not to far from kansas city

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Goodman, according to this months Missouri Conservationist Magazine, there are alot of good places to catch some cats or any other kind of fish. Here is the link, click on the "Fishing KC" article.

http://www.mdc.mo.gov/conmag/

4. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    James A. Reed Memorial Wildlife Area has several small to medium sized impoundments in which to fish. However, the downside is that it is exposed to heavy fishing pressure and it does not stay open all night. I believe during summertime hours it stays open until 10, but it's best to check at the office. It's located off 50 hwy and Ranson Rd. (South of Lee's Summit). I've attached a map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...-94.34123&spn=0.033672,0.080338&t=h&z=14&om=1

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    You have Jacomo, Bluesprings, and Longview in Jackson County. An article in the paper said that Lake Rememberance in Bluesprings will be opening for fishing in about a month. It was stocked by the MDC about three years ago. Good luck and welcome to the BOC.

6. bgoodman498

bgoodman498 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Guys, you all have been a big help. I will let you know how I did after this week. Thanks!!!