Needin' to find a few new hole

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Redd, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Anybody know any good spots for cats in Cherokee or Labette county in S.E. Kansas? Me and a friend usually fish the Neosho and Spring River. We don't have a boat, but don't mind wading the water looking for holes or snags as long as the current doesn't drag us away. lol. We also want to try some more feeder creeks that we can wade, jumping holes. We perfer Flats, but will take channels and blues. Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

-Red

2. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I don't know haow close that is to Chanute but there are lots of good farm ponds if you can get permission, I have family there but haven't been to see them in a few years

3. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I'm about two hours from Chanute. But that'd be worth the drive for some nice cat action. Especially when the river ain't producin'. Thanks alot Janton. Much appreciated.

-Red

4. Pittscat90

Pittscat90 New Member

State:
    Pittsburg
    You could go to Bone creek, which is about 20 min. outside of Pittsburg, KS. It is pretty good for catfishing.

5. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    There is Lake McKinley(State lake) in Neosho Co., Big Hil lake & Bone creek. I know there are really nice size channels in McKinley.....I have caught them and returned them, sizes from 10-15lb. Big Hill is very good lake that doesn't get much catfish pressure. I have caught flathead and channels while in bassfishing tournaments there. I have seen some big ones taken out also.

There are lots of farm ponds that have fish in them, all you have to do is ask. If you get permission take care of the land. Even clean some of your catch and give it to the land owner. I have done that a few times and it leads to good friends and other areas to fish.

6. kccatman

kccatman New Member

State:
    kansas
    u need to come up to kansas city kansas. the kaw and missouri rivers have some of the best catfishing around for any type of cat