Needin some help!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by bnewsom71, Apr 28, 2009.

1. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    The misses and I are planning a trip with another couple to go down near Golcanda and stay in a cabin on the Ohio river for a long weekend - but I have been wondering if there was anything closer than that and is also good fishin' for big blues. So of course St Louis (the great GCC:wink:) and down the Miss came to mind.

So my question - Does anyone know of any good places to rent a cabin for a weekend that is right on the river? Or near the river so the boat can stay in the water all weekend without having to launch all the time. ANY and ALL help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I am not aware of such a place. The closest thing I could suggest would be camping on a sandbar but the river is supposed to raise substantially in the near future. Perhaps someone will come along with a bit more help. I dont know everything there is to know about the Mississippi.

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I'm with Bob...I'm not sure of any place like that...I did a google search and came up with a bunch of marina's in St Charles...they are all on the Mississippi river...I know a few of em allow camping and/or have camper hook-ups...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=st+charles,+mo+marinas&aq=f&oq=

If you find something, let us know what it is and where! :smile2:

4. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Thanks anyway guys! Damn, I am still worked up about that biggun ya got there Bill!:eek:oooh:
    Barren Creek Cottages are the ones we will probably stay at near Golconda (if I can't find any around the StLouis area) if you were curious about those kinds of places. Barren Creek's are not right on the river, but they are only about 300 yards of the river up in a deep creek like tributary.

Here is the link to them:
    http://www.popeco.net/barrencreekcottages/index.html#arial

5. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    as far as marinemax my mom used to work there and they shut the store down and polestar marina is private i think