Needed council

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by bobcatcher, Sep 23, 2008.

1. bobcatcher

bobcatcher New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm new to fishing for blue cats, however I had a great summer and caught a bunch of fish between 5 and 25#, however I need to know how fishing tactics change when water tempreature go down. Do you fish in deeper water? Where do the cats go? For the last couple weeks fishing has been really slow in 5 to 6 feet of water where I have been catching fish. Need some wise council!!

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Are you fishin' a lake or a river, and how big or deep is it?

3. bobcatcher

bobcatcher New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I normally fish a couple hundred acre lake and it is only 20 feet deep in the main channel. We've been catching nice fish in the shallows, however I didn't know if the blue cat changed his tactics when water cooled.

4. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Try and find some good structure in the deeper water. Fish normally go deep when the water starts to cool off. I also find it produces more fish going to smaller bait in the colder months.

5. bobcatcher

bobcatcher New Member

State:
    Indiana
    In this particular lake there is really little structure in the main channels, however it has a good number of blue cats in it. Any structure is found around the edges of the lake. There are several coves but of course the water isn't but 6 to 8 ft. deep.

6. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Your best bet is to follow the bait. Where ever the shad go the blues will follow.

7. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    What about feeder creeks, if there are any creeks coming into the lake you can bet there will be cats there. Especially after a good hard rain.