needed complete livewell

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by TCAT, Feb 5, 2008.

1. TCAT

TCAT New Member

State:
    mo
    i need to know were to get a large livewell preferably 57 by 24 by 12 . have looked at bass pro and cabelas but they dont have the size im looking for . any plans or info would greatly be appreciated:big_smile:

2. jcook77

jcook77 New Member

State:
    mo
    have you ever thought to have maybe somebody make one.

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Check this site out....http://fishmatepro.com/

The biggest one that they have is 65" long x 20 wide x 20 tall.

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    how about you make one there not cheap any way you go at it iv been running a few turnament an iv been seeing alot of the guys using truck tollboxes you can get them just about any size that you would like an then hook it up with an akwa lung

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    maybe making one !!!

6. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    i am in the process of up-sizing my livewell now.i had a guy i know bend me one out of a sheet of aluminum.its approx. 7ft. long 16in.tall and 16in. wide.i have a deep v tracker and on the left side of my boat was the livewell and storage side by side.i tore out both down to nothing and now in the process of punching holes on the end caps to fit the attatchments to run pumps and filters and re-cirq pump.i forgot to take before pics,but i will be sure to take the after pics and post them here for some ideas for others.its gonna turn out pretty slick i think.

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    You aren't going to mount that tank only on the left are you? A load that heavy should be centered in the boat side-to-side. Your tank will hold slightly over 93 gallons. It will weigh 776.9 pounds when full!:eek:oooh: Plus the weight of the tank itself.

Be careful about proper placement.

Thanks!

8. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Your probably gunna have to get one custom built or make yourself. Thats a pretty big one.

9. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My good friend and I made one a couple years ago out of sheet aluminum. I think I used 3/16th on the floor and 1/8th on the sides. It is 51" Long x 24" Wide x 18" Deep. I put a lid on each end, 1000 gph pump and also a recirc. pump on it. I think I had about $550 in it before I was done. The most I've had in it was 4 fish for 187+ pounds with room to spare. I also made it so I can take it out when I'm not catfishing. All I have to do is unplug the electric, the hoses and it comes right out. If I get a chance I'll try to post some pics. There are cheaper ways to go but this one will last a lifetme and I made it to fit the boat. This just gives you an idea what it will cost to have one made.

10. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    thank you.after reading that i thought HOLY SHEEP CRAP!and went out to get an exact measurment and i was off by quite a bit.it is 7ft long 12in.wide at top and 8in.on bottom.it fits the curve of the hull.my boat leans to the driver side now due to 3 heavy batteries on the driver side rear so i thought with some water in this tank it will help even it out a little.with these dimensions,how many gallons and weight do you think it will add?

11. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Still need to know how deep it is to make that calculation.

If I am understanding correctly it is 8 inches wide at the bottom and 12 inches at the top. Is it symmetrical? What I mean is do both sides taper out to 12 inches?

You have to draw some imaginary lines through your box. Figure the volume for the 'rectangular' portion, then figure the volume of your 'triangular' sections, add it all up, then convert to gallons. I can help you out if you tell me how tall (deep) it is.

After re-reading your post I am thinking oneside is square(straight up) and onlyone side is tapered? Is this correct?

12. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    im gonna say its approx 12-14 inches deep.and only one side tapers out the other side is flat and yes it is 8in wide at bottom and 12 in wide at top

13. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Ok Caleb, here are your numbers.

If your tank is 14 inches high the water capacity is 50.9 gallons (completely full) and the water weight will be 424.8 lbs.

If your tank is 12 inches high the water capacity is 43.6 gallons (completely full) and the water weight will be 363.9 lbs.

Keep in mind that you will not fill it to the top completely. The weight of water is 8.345404 lbs/gal.

Hope this helps.

Before you do any permanent mods you might want to grab a fat buddy or two (or some sandbags) and take her for a spin to see how it handles with the weight there. That is a lot of weight to place on one side of the boat.

14. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I know Darryl has lots of time on his hands and likes to do math (kind of a nerd - but a SMART nerd:smile2:) but if you're in a hurry you can use the google calculator function to figure out a lot of things. You can type in something like "12 inches x 23 inches x 6 inches in gallons" and it will tell you how many gallons of liquid your well will hold (7.16883114 US gallons). Then you can find out how many pounds in a gallon, and do the math from there. Google calculator is pretty handy.

15. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Yes Branden but it cant handle odd shapes like skipeye can.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Darryl,i do have a fat buddy fishing friend and i have to get him to sit on that side of the boat to even it out when we are moving.i have 3 heavy batteries that throws off the balance and there is no other way to arrange them to even it out so i think i will have to fill the tank up a lil when im by myself.thanks for doing that crazy math:smile2:ill post pics when its done