Need your opinion's

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by jailcop2, Aug 1, 2006.

1. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Want to run some rods by you all and see who has had expeience with them , and what ya think .
    Cabela's Big Water telesoping rod
    Amercan Spirit rods
    Okuma Blue diamond rods
    Wildcat brand rods
    Thanks
    Brian

2. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sorry Brian, but I can't see ever using anything but an Ugly Stick. I have been using them since 1997 and I fish year around and all differents types (bank and boat) and have never had one problem with any of my rods. I have 11 in all ranging from ultra-light to Medium action. If your fishing for big cats, the Tigers can't be beaten. If your just catching dinks (eating size) then the medium ones will serve you well. Hope this helps even though I didn't weigh in on your specific rods. JMHO

3. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    i agree..ugly stick all the way wether its the ugly stick cat or my favorite the ugly stick tiger ya cant go wrong...but if ya have to have on eon your list go with the Amercan Spirit rods.. like one of the nite sticks..the nite stick pro is a nice rod but it cost more than an ugly stick cat rod and not much cheaper than an ugly stick tiger...good luck

4. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    ugly stick its the way to go:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I for one will never trust a multi-piece rod again, Two piece or telescoping. In My Oppinion they are better off left on the shelf.
    If it doesn't say Ugly Stick on it, I don't trust it!!! Of course you could always contact Jim (Gator) Hudson,(Gators Custom Rods) and get him to build you one. These rods are great!!!! I have one and I have to say, "It as fine a rod as I have ever owned". Never settle for second best.

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'd look at ugly stik's. I've also recently gotten a Moyer Boss Rod and that thing is awesome. It's a little bit more expensive but I think that it is worth it.

7. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I like my american spirit nite stick pro 7'6 casting rod

8. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    with never having used a gator rod i would have to it's ugly stick or nothing at all

9. Puddycat

Puddycat New Member

State:
    Clarksville,TN
    Ugly Stik Tiger rods are great for the money. My favorite rod right now is the one piece 7'6" MH CATMAXX Rod from BPS. These rods are incredibly strong and for $48.00 you cant go wrong.

10. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Thanks for the help guys , I think Shakespere should turn into a sponser .
    Brian

11. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    i use berkley most of the time but a ugly stick is bullet proof