Need your opinions with weather patterns

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TDawgNOk, Jul 19, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Ok, here is the scenario.

Over a week since it has rained.
    Temps this week Mon 101, tues 102, wed 104, thurs 104, fri 103, sat 91 with possible rain. sun 94

When would you go out fishing? I was thinking that Friday night, Sat morning with the incoming cold front would be the best time. What are your opinions??

for those of you familiar with the area, would you fish Keystone, main lake body, or the Navigation channel? Why?

Any and all responses appreciated!!!

2. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i want to fish the arkansaw river below the keystone dam is the water is flowing

3. Catman

Catman New Member

State:
    Randolph, Nebraska
    Tony, I would go on sat. night thru sun. morning If I only had a couple of days to fish. Mayby move to a deeper hole after the sun comes up on sun. Or just night fish every night and try to record which days/nights produced the more quality fish. then let us know what happens.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

not familar with your area but the pattern thats working for me in a boat is drifting deeper water during the day and night/early morning is either drifting shallow, less that 12 foot are finding and working points and structure changes, feeder creeks are channels in the lake that fish use as a highway.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    if there is a rain in the forecast, I would go in the pouring rain, you might be surprised. Rain tends to trigger non-active fish to start feeding. Just my opinion from my experience during hot summer days.

6. jmd

jmd New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I would try the channel b/c of the moving water creating oxygen the cats seem to be more active when its hot like that but I also read that when its hot like it is that the cats are more pron to go to a rock where heat is conserved this guy in the mag said he will catch bigger cats in deeper water when its hot like that :roll_eyes: