Need your Opinion

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by MRR, Aug 16, 2007.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :confused2:I bought the Ambassadeur 6000 combo from Wally World and my question is do you all think the rod is strong enough to handle the cats. Seem light to me .Guess I'm just used to stiffer tips. Or do you think I need to put the reel on a stiffer rod.Like the rod ,just don't want to get lucky enough to hook into a nice fish and not have enough backbone to handle it.Thanks in advance.

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    John,
    you'll just have to get out there and put a bend in it and see how it performs. You can catch some very big fish on very light tackle but if you plan on releasing your catch they have little chance of survival if they are played to exhaustion...W

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I think they would be fine for channel catfishing, But I would want a better rod for blues and flats.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats what I was thinking. I've looked at that combo before. It seems like a great channel cat rod and/or a smaller blues/flats rod.
    Best of luck with it John!!! :big_smile:

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Friend of mine has that combo, he caught a 47lb flathead with it. The rod seemed to do a good job but he hasn't had it long enough or caught enough big fish to say if it will hold up.

6. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have also looked at that combo and for where we fish and how we fish mainly ultra lights that pole looked like a telephone pole with a winch on it. :big_smile: So if you are in a area where you mainly catch fiddles should do fine!!

7. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i bought 2 of the 6000 idid not get the combo ijust got the reels. i went to accademy and got me two 8 ft.ugly stick rods they seem to be tough enough.ithink a man could catch about anything with them ill see some day.thanks san davis