need your input

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Aug 22, 2009.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Since i couldnt make our gathering at WDM i started expermanting with some weight.I came up with this for when i drift in the river . Havent tried it yet but was wondering if yall think it would work. Cathog (gary )uses shoestrings to put his lead in to make slinky weight .Well i was fresh out of large shoestrings so i came up with this setup.It is a thin wall tubeing with 5- 1/2 inch diam ,ball berrings. each weighing app .04 oz. this one weighs total 2.3 oz .yall think it may work or get hung to much- let me know

Attached Files:

2. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    ok , i just updated it with some electricle tape and heat sealed it - just pertier :smile2:

Attached Files:

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    LOOKS GOOD TO ME GO GIVE IT A TRY AN LET US WHO HOW THEY WORK FOR YOU

4. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    dickie , can you tell i was bored :smile2:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I really like the looks of that. Let me know how to do it when you get time.. Thats perfect for drifting. :wink:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looks good Robert. That should perform well for you. Thanks for sharing.

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Robert you will have all your tackle in tip top shape the next time you go fish,n ,which i hope for you is very soon :wink:

8. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Is the sheath or covering around the weight really needed? Could I do this with a bunch a large split shot crimped to a length of mono?

9. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    thats a hell of an idea looks like it will work! like the tape as u said it purettied it right up lol:0a24:

10. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    i noticed the tape curling up on spots so im looking at some of that plastic dip stuff to try. I guess you could use split shot , but it is best to have it in something to hold it all together

11. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    My reasoning is that if you DO get snagged, the shot will simply pull off the line, releasing your rig.

12. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    never thought of that as long as they dont pull off to easily ,i use a lighter line to atach the weight to ,incase they do hang

13. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    3M makes a dip for waterprofeing for after you use electrical tape. Its pretty smelley stuff though. So I dont know if that would be a good idea?

14. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    They kind of look like turds to me in some of those pictures. Sorry I had to say it :smile2:. Actually looks like a great idea. I've never drift fished to be honest, and mostly cause I don't care to deal with getting snagged on 3 rods and trying to keep up with the boat and all that. But these sinkers actually look like they wouldn't get snagged. Someday I'll learn to drift fish and add that to the tool box. Anyway, looks like a great idea... could probably sell those things too.

15. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    looks like a turd!!! i had to say it to!!! would like to have met u,, but sorry u b hurt!! that sux,, but maybe the next one!! but looks like it will work ok!!

16. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Ok so they look like turds :smile2: But i was thinking about them and they do seem a little stiff, they may hang in the bottom more than go over stuff . i need to find a way to make them more flexable ?

17. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    those look good robert

18. catfishcraz

catfishcraz New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Looks good and never thought of them looking like turds til someone mentioned it:smile2:! just thinking though, like someone said, if hung up, would it be an issue to get unhung? Please let us know how it works.

19. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    LOOKS GOOD TALL! WE WILL HAVE TO TRY THEM. NOW IF I COULD COME UP WITH A WAY TO KEEP A SINKER FROM DRIFTING SO BAD AND HANGING UP FISHING FROM THE BANK AT DAMS! WITHOUT HAVING TO HAVE A 5 POUND SINKER ON THE LINE!:big_smile:

20. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Robert those look real good, I dont see them hanging up any more than the factory made ones. As for making them more flexible, i cant think of any way to do it. I think they are good to go. Good job.