need your help kansas members

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by uttatoo, Aug 28, 2008.

1. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i dont know if you read my thread on what had happened to my family at the diversion dam and after speaking to the news paper they said they needed to speak to fisherpeople and get there oppinion on the whole sittuation and if the lawinfocement should infoce laws that are already in place

the question is should people have to fear for there lives just to fish and should we have to go to different locations because of the parties and 4 wheeling ,and assaults on people in the past 4 yrs

please call and give your oppinion on the issue so it will be a good story in the paper any help would be great

(620)792-1211:wink:great bend tribune just say its about the diversion dam

2. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Im sorry gus I haven't seen that thread yet. Do you have a link to it?

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
  4. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks

I am sorry to hear about this happening Gus its a shame that this was not resolved i know around here you cant get away with drinkin a beer at a lake your not soposed to i had beer at kingman lake last year and not knowing it they had a ban on alchohol so they told me to take my beer home or give it to them well u know i had my wife take it to the house cause at the time i lived there in kingman sorry to get off topic..I will defenitly give them a call and put in my two cents Gus again sorry this happend to your family.Hope enough people call and something can be done.

5. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
  6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well its terrable that people are being hurt or killed there sounds like with the conditions you describe its bound to happen , kids alcohol and guns :roll_eyes:. if nothing changes you might be on to something with your buddies, that may be the reason they go there to do theise things, because no ones their to watch them. the presence of alot of fishermen with eyes on them may not stop them but it wouldnt suprise me if they went elsewere. its stuff like that that got me to make friends with s&w:wink:

7. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i just dont see why it is so hard for law infocement to inforce the law and make a public place safe for families or people in general to fish and have a picnic or whatever the reason to use a public place :cool2:

8. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    talked today with conservation officer and he said the law clearly states

no target shooting allowed anywhere in the state except at a aproved gun range

so yes the people broke the law and should be punished

just thought i would share this with ya :wink:

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well then by gosh every time theyre out there shooting turn them in. sooner or later they will get tired of you calling and do something. if its the same people all the time you could maybe talk to them, talk them into putting their guns away and pulling out a rod & reel:wink:

10. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    its this whole town

they have a mind set that when they where kids thats where they partied and where else are they gonna ride there off road vehicles

and by god we have a right to shoot wherever we want i have already had this discussion with some people here in town and they want the river to be there play ground for 4wheelers

11. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    sorry to hear about your problem gus. I am a avid 4 wheeler guy that rides all the time. but i always ride in designated areas. If they are riding along the river you might be able to contact the dept of natural resources and get there patrolman to watch the area especially if they are degrading the river bank or stirring up sediment in the river that is a big no no to them. Other than that just keep a cell phone handy and the wardens number. You would think with the abundance of farm land and public riding areas They could aquire a better spot to ride. I have a number of farmers that let me ride there land after the harvest. I think their just to lazy to look. maybe try contacting the county sherriff or even try to contact someone higher up the food chain to put some pressure on the local law enforcement to do there job. a video camara would be a good idea also then you could present evidence to pratt of exactly what is going on there.

12. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    nevermind the dept of natural resources they are run by kdwp i did check and there are a number of endangered fish and animals in that area that may give you some leverage in your fight if they are destroying habitat

13. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    THEY SAY THEY DONT HAVE THE MAN POWER

14. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Reading these posts brings back memories for me. In the 80s we used to pass shoot geese from the inlet canal just north of Dundee. If I recall right we could hunt from the diversion dam area all the way to the Bottoms. Boy old Turners' sure held some whopper geese back then.
    You would think however people would respect others that are there too.Even during season we would never have thought of shooting or hunting where other people are doing their thing.
    Look out for one thing folks. The times they are a changing. And not always for the better.

15. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    if they say that then call the epa (government program):big_smile: I ride a race ready raptor 660 and you can not ride in a area especially in core of engineers land. All bikes must have a spark arrestor or they are ILLEGAL!! The state can take your bike if you are caught.bike should be ridden responsibly thats why they have areas to ride!!!!!!!!!!

16. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    gus have you tried contacting the city councilman that is in charge of that ward. you would think that with 34 police officers in that town on payroll they could spend a little time on the problem. I am not from around there but maybe if you tell us exactly where it is we can flood kdwp with complaints and force them to resolve the situation. I couln't hurt to be a pain in there butt for a while

17. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    IT IS ON COUNTY PROPERTY AND AS FAR AS THE CONSERVATION OFFICE THEY SAID THEY DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS A PROBLEM LIKE IT HAS BEEN STATED BEFORE IT IS A PLACE THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE THINK IS THERE FOR PARTIES AND HUNTING AND FOR OFFROADING AND HAS BEEN THIS WAY FOR A LONG TIME
    I WILL KEEP EVERY ONE POSTED ON WHAT IS SAID TO ME OR IF A ARTICLE COMES OUT