Need Your Help - How should I rig my line for catfishing?

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by MRR, Apr 27, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :0a21: WHAT DO YOU THINK IS BEST WAY TO RIG LINE FOR CATFISH. I PUT
    ON WEIGHT ,THEN SMALL SHOT WEIGHT ABOUT 1 FT FROM HOOK.
    MY NEIGHBOR SAYS HOOK ABOVE WEIGHT AND WEIGHT ON BOTTOM .WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK . TALKING ROD&REEL NOW.

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    me i use an egg sinker first then tie a barrell swivel on. At the other end of the swivel i tie a mono leader about 2 foot long then my hook. I use the swivel instead of the splitshot because the splitshots tend to get slid down by the weight.

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have used both and I guess it depends on the area. I have never caught a monster, but I have filled many a skillet. So I guess try both and see what happens.

4. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    my setup goes like this. egg sinker, bead, barrel swivel, 1ft leader, hook.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Depends entirely upon the structure your fishing. Rig your line to give you the advantage. So, position of the weight in relation to the hook will change.

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    my river rig is a 3 to 4 oz bass(bell) slip sinker, then a bead, then my hook, i let the sinker slide all the way down to my hook

7. Boogie68MHS

Boogie68MHS New Member

State:
    Tovey, IL
    I rig a lot like Catchinhogs, I use a lot of live bait and I like them to move some.

8. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
  9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    These are the Two that I use.

The first one is a common slip rig. I use leaders that arew stronger than My main line and between 12" to 18" long.

The second one is a 3-way rig. This helps keep your bait off of the bottom andsince your weight is what usually snags you up I use a weaker drop line than my Main line. This will break loose and save your rig, just need a new drop line and weight.