Need you help on Jug Fishing for Catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Aftercats, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Brian and I both just got back in town and went out last night to try to figure out how to Jug fish for Catfish. He bought a couple of the Noodles and I bought some of plastic jugs and we used the one rigs that came with them or for the noodles a pre-rig at wally world. we used some shad in the bag and chicken livers. We only caught one pound and half cat, but it was a start. We would like to know what is the best setup (rig) for jugs and suggestions on how to fish with them.

Daryl
    Aftercats

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Basically, there are two ways to fish jugs.... anchored and free floating. The most critical area is they must be fished in an area the catfish frequent. Not anywhere in a lake or river will produce fish. Fish the floating jugs first with baits at different levels in the water column to find the cats. Then you can anchor your jugs in that area and hopefully be into a mess of fish. The next most important area is your bait. If your after eating size channels, the liver is a good choice. If your after bigger cats - large channels or blues, use cut bait or live bait (shad / perch). For flatheads, the best bait is live baits. Set your jugs out and either stay within sight of them or check the frequently.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
  4. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    Daryl, i plan on setting a few trout lines out Thur eve and running jugs for a few . send me a pm well hook up you and Brian should come out? me and puddycat plan on going out that eve.we will be running jugs here in clarksville

5. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Daryl, check back with the Lock B thread in the TENN. RIVERS SECTION, I tried to answer some of your jugline ?'s you had for me there.

6. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Mike Sorry I missed you just have not had time to keep up on my reading here...LOL! Hope to see you out at lock b tomorrow at 5pm for some greet and meet and go fishing.

Daryl