Need ya on this one boys

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by coyotechromez, Aug 1, 2009.

1. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    Goin after some fatties tonight, going to Tuttle, never been. Spillway, or lake? That is the question.

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Spillway or river pond.:wink:

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    go down and look at where the pond joins the river.

4. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Hey JJ don't give my special place away. Just kidden buddy. If was you if you are going ater flatties I would go to the blue river right off of 24hwy and fish down from the boat ramp. You will probly only catch channels and the occ. blue down below the tubes.

5. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    What JJ said is a good backup plan. If the flow at the outlet is still down,
    try on the East side on the far side of the tree and drift a bobber as far
    as you can see it down the river. Reel back to ya and cast upstream
    toward the outlet as far as you can manage. Nightcrawlers worked last
    time I was there about three feet under the bobber.

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I have not fished the tuttle tubes for yrs but let me say how we use to do it.

When they were letting out water this time of year i was there every weekend fishing and catching flats.

Most times they only blew one tube at a time.So of course we would fish the calm side.We would use live shad that we would catch there set your float at the depth to where the bait was just about 1' off the bottom.The current from the discharged side would cause a current to come around the devider so satnding on the wall we would start our bait from the outside area of the out let and it (the current) would float the bait clear to the back of the tube.Then we would reel up walk back to the front and start again.We alwas wanted our float/bait to be as close to the inside wall as possible.

I caught my biggest (55lb) there and many in the 20-30lb range.
    On good days my buddy and me would catch 4-6 in that range and Mike's biggest was 65lbs.I seen one over 80 caught there back then and on most days there would be between 15-20 flats caught there using this method.
    All this fishing was during the day.

I dont know if its still fished this way i would think someone still does.But again when i was doing it was about 30yrs ago..

I would like to go again sometime and try it again.

7. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    Thank you all who gave tips. I left right after the first reply, went to the river pond. Got a 2 lbs channel, 7 lbs carp, and my dad caught 15 lbs carp. Oh and of coarse 1 gar and some perch.