Need trotline clip help!

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Old Bill, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I bought some trotline clips the other day thinking they would be great for using on my jug lines.

However, I have swivels on my jug line drops.

Do you think the clips would be attached strongly enough if I just attached the trotline clips to the swivels as per photo one?

When I pulled on the clip/swivel it didn't act like it was going to release.

Or would it be better to attach the clips to the line as per photo two? And risk having more tangles in the line.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    myself i wouldn't trust#1,#2 is correct to an extent.but you should put a swivel on the clip between the clip and your dropline

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I am with Frank on this one.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    BILL ,

EMAIL YOUR ADDRESS AND I WILL SEND YOU SOME THAT WILL WORK:big_smile::big_smile:

EMAIL AT CATMAN4926@bellsouth.net

do not worry about yesterday because it has come and gone, live today the fullest and give him all the praise and glory

5. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Frank & Brian,

Thank's for the replies. I was afraid that #1 wasn't a good idea...but, it would have been so simple!:wink:

Harold,

I've sent you an email. Thanks for the generous offer.

6. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I'm with Frank and Brian on this one. I have the same clips and have a swivel
    between it and the hook. Some of these clips are really tough to unhook and I won't use them again. Harold may have something better. There used to be a guy on the BOC out of Arkansas that sold some that I bought that were easy to use and fairly cheap that I like much better.

7. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks Bill,

When I receive what Harold sends I'll post a photo so all can see. Harold sent me a photo showing a lighted jug that he made. It was a real nice looking jug!

8. Turtleracer

Turtleracer New Member

State:
    Upper So. Cal.
    Ok Newby question, What is a trotline?

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Bill, you mean the BOC Sponsor of EZ Clip Trotlines??? EZ Clip Trotlines can be reached by clicking on this link.

10. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I was hoping that someone with more trotline experience would answer you since my own experience is very limited.:eek:oooh:

A very simple anaswer is that a trotline is a long line, with hooks every 2 to 4 -feet, suspended in the water between two points.

There is an excellence article in the Members Library "Trotline 101".

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1329

11. Turtleracer

Turtleracer New Member

State:
    Upper So. Cal.
    Thank you brother Bill, as I am new to catfishing and with all the rules and reg's we have here in california it's down to one or two poles on the shore for me.

12. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Craig! As you've already found out, some states allow trotlining, while others don't; the ones that do generally have their own specific regulations regarding them, such as length, number of hooks, etc. And, as you'll find out by reading our posts, some folks like it, and some don't. Like most things, personal preference plays a big part.

13. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Tony, You bet that is the one, EZ Clip Trotlines. They are easy to use and at a good price.
    Bill

14. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I do number 1 have for years without any problems

15. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Howdy Everyone!

Today I received the trotline clips that Harold Day sent me from Mt. Vernon, AL. Photos below.

I had thought he was sending me one or two clips so that I could see what they were! But, to my delightful surprise...Harold sent me a whole package of clips!:big_smile:

I understand that Harold make these "Drop Line Clips" to give to his fishing buddies. I like being one of his buddies!:wink:

As you can see the clips looks very much like the clips sold by EZ Clip Trotlines, who is a Sponsor of the BOC. Since I have not used either, I can only hope that they work well!

Thanks again Harold!

Attached Files:

16. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Hey, Harold makes one heck of a nice clip. Way to go Harold. Thanks for posting it Bill.