Need tournament spot

Discussion in 'LOCAL MARYLAND TALK' started by TIM HAGAN, Oct 17, 2006.

1. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    ok guys I'm working on the tournament dates for 2007 and i still need some places to hold a july tournament. if you know of a place pass it along and i will check it out it will be a night tournament to help out with the heat.

2. KaJaMa

KaJaMa New Member

State:
    Maryland
    What about one of the other Eastern Shore rivers - Chester or Tuckahoe?

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Sabin Pick a good one and I'm will to take it there just need some info ramp site that you use so i can check it out an see about getting a permit.

Also on the choptank where we was I know you guys fished up river more is there a site up there that can handle a tournament?

4. KaJaMa

KaJaMa New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Marty knows those rivers better and said he'll add his two cents in later this evening. I'm pretty sure they both have ramps with ample parking and lots of good channel cats...

5. h3ohawaii

h3ohawaii New Member

State:
    maryland
    Tim,

Let me dig around for a couple of days and I'll get back to you. The Chester river has nice channels-- I will also check up on ramps farther upriver from the ramp at route 301 on the Choptank. I do know of a ramp at the mouth of the Tuckahoe where it enters the Choptank and one at Denton that can accomodate a tournament.

6. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Ok Marty I'm outting to get things set up in the next week or so that way i can have things all done before the sows start up this winter.

7. h3ohawaii

h3ohawaii New Member

State:
    maryland
    Here's what I found....

- no love for the Chester river...requires county permits and not enough parking.

- no love for the Patuxtent river as far as a ramp farther north of Hallowing Point. Not enough parking and the hours of operation begin at 8am.

As far as the Choptank goes, we have three options.

Choptank Marina
    410-479-3721
    operated by the Dept of Recreation and Parks
    Large vessel capacity
    75 parking spots
    one ramp
    dawn to dusk operation
    pier
    no ramp fee
    ---------------

Daniel Crouse Park
    410-479-2050
    operated by the City of Denton
    small vessel capacity
    one ramp
    dawn to dusk operation
    pier
    no ramp fee
    ---------------

Ganey's Wharf
    410-479-3721
    operated by the Dept of Recreation and Parks
    large vessel capacity
    1 ramp
    dawn to dusk operation
    pier
    no info regarding ramp fee

Hope that helps

8. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Thanks marty have you fished out of any of them and do you know what one is up river the must. I was told that its great fish up river around the power plant and maybe looking to get us up river more out of that wind we had this year. I have the choptank on for april but still need a place for july and sept. you guys in maryland jump on in here its going to be a fun year

9. h3ohawaii

h3ohawaii New Member

State:
    maryland
    Ganeys Wharf is on the Tuckahoe river...thats supposed to have some good cats in it and it could be a potential spot for July. Crouse Park is the farthest upriver on the Choptank and it has alot of trees on the banks so that should keep the wind down. I've only fished down river from Crouse park--the section around Crouse Park and about half a mile or so down river has some good holes and I've caught some really nice channelcats from there. But just to make sure, I'm willing to go on a fish-finding trip for the benefit of our members!!!

I'll check around for another spot for September.

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    thanks marty I will look at the map an check them out . I talk with Marylamd fisheries today and they are checking on some spots as well.

11. KaJaMa

KaJaMa New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Any resolution on this yet or are we still searching?

12. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    still looking got like 5 good site on the list and i hope to run there in the next week or two and see if they will work out. I hope to have a bigger showing this season and just checking to see we will have the room and water for it. I know of 3 teams from VA who are looking to fish all our tournaments this year. Teams will need to doing their homewook this season but it will be fun.

13. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Tim: I think you should have one out of Henderson Kentucky this year, just for the heck of it, give your members a little chance to travel for once and see different waters.. lol :cool2:

14. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    well Eric i'm not out from coming down there and fishing but you set it up and who knows some members just may show up. who knows maybe we can talk dennis into a federation tournament down there

15. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Tim: well if you have not heard the Federation Classic is going to be in Henderson next year, so you will need to come down here and learn some of this water prior to you trying to win over 100.000.00 next year.. :)

So I will let it back in your lap, you need to get down here.!! :lol:

16. bigred

bigred New Member

State:
    indiana
    how about the ohio river? in evansville, IN:big_smile:

17. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    WE HAVE A IN chapter that has tournaments up there

Eric I just may take you up on that offer and can down there. Our you going to be my guide :big_smile:

18. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Tim: if you come down I will go with you or take you out I can't tell you I will guide you since I am no Guide, but JW is applying for his license this week to guide people on the river system here..

I hope your going to be able to make the ACATS Classic for next year since it will be almost half the way from yiour place to the site they had this year. Your welcome any time Tim.. Come on down.

19. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well I think i will have to make that trip and get the gps started up. As soon as i get a ramp site for the classic i will be down and see what I can found. You can be a guest in my boat or we can run yours I'm always game to fish,

20. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The Classic Ramp is Henderson , Kentucky Down town ramp. 2nd street. I hope thats close enough for you.. lol

This is set in stone already. see you here !:lol: