need to respool my Reels.

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by 1bluesman, May 23, 2009.

1. 1bluesman

1bluesman Member

State:
    South Carolina,
    give me a good line to put on 2 6500s . im having problems with breakoffs also yesterday on the congaree hit a granite slab4" under the water brook my shock on my motor the river is gettin low again thanks

2. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    I like PowerPro braid. For my flathead rigs, I use 100 lb test. I fill the spool up about 1/3rd of the way with 50lb mono first, to use as a backing (Cajun Red Line) and then fill the rest with the powerpro. I heard that if you do not put a mono backing on it, the braid will eventually start slipping on the reel. Plus, you don't have to fill the whole spool with the expensive braid. This was also recommended on a Team Catfish video that I saw.

Hope this helps.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am using penn's and have all of them strung with Berekley big cat abrasion resistant line40 lb so far that line has proven to be very suffecient and werthey...I realey like it!

4. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    I also use PowerPro...I usually use the 50 lbs test line...I do have one rod with 100lbs test but havent lost any with either test...I do like the tip about using the Cajun Red line as a backing....Im going to test it out on a couple of my rods..

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    65# Power-Pro braid or 30# Cajun mono are my choices.

-Jim-