Need to know where there are some hot catfishing spots

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by endy317, Feb 22, 2006.

1. endy317

endy317 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    could you guys help me out little i was wanting to know where there are some good fishing spots in indiana?:confused:

2. endy317

endy317 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    could you guys help me out little i was wanting to know where there are some good fishing spots in indiana?:confused:

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Endy where are you located in Indiana? Might want to fill out your profile and let everyone know where you're at. What you like to fish for. Also where (lakes, creeks, rivers) you like to fish. We all would be able to help yopu out better.

4. endy317

endy317 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    live in indianapolis and im fishing for cats i prefer lakes i really dont do rivers and i dont do boats but i will if i have to.

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I live by Louisville so I can't help you with that area. I know there are several members that can help you. They tell you soon.
    By the way... Welcome to the BOC. It's the best site on the web.

6. endy317

endy317 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    ive got family down in louisville i went fishing down there im going again in a few months

7. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    Hey Endy. There are several members that live in the indy area including myself. I would suggest Catarac and Eagle Creek Resevoir for catfishing lakes. Ryjoes brother caught a 50 lb. flathead out of Eagle Creek last summer and there was a 60 lb. flathead caught in Catarac. The rivers here are a great option as well. The White River near downtown Indianapolis is a great location. I caught a 46 lb. flathead there last year. Also the Wabash river is a great location. I can't give you many details on the Wabash because I haven't fished there, but there are several members on here that are very knowlegeable on it. I would suggest attending the gatherings to learn more about the waters here. Also anytime you want to fish just put up a post. Many of us fish a lot and would be more than happy to let you come along. Also, none of these places require a boat to fish. There is plenty of bank fishing access. Good luck!!

8. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Endy...Jroc hit it dead on. The White River here in Indy is a great place to fish and you dont need a boat. You have a lot of good access right in front of Westside Bait and Tackle off of White River Parkway and New York Street. Additionally...as far as lakes go, Brookville lake is a favorite of mine. About an hour drive east of Indy. Good blues and channels....never caught a flathead from there. And then Mississinewa tailwaters give up some nice fish too as does the actual lake itself. Like Jroc said...make a post whenever you want to go and I am sure someone will go. I work evenings with Sunday and Monday off...so I have kinda strange hours.

9. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    What's goin on Mychal? Welcome to the Brotherhood! Hey, check out the gatherings in April and in June. The gatherings are fun and you learn a lot about other locations and tips on baits to use. On April 22, we are going to be fishing the White River on White River Parkway near Downtown. It's by Westside Bait and Tackle. Once it warms up some my brother and I usually hit the Eagle Creek Reservoir, and like Joe said my brother caught some whompers there last year with his biggest being a 52 pound flathead. If you are interested in attending the gatherings just check out the "Spring Gathering" thread. Take it easy and hope to see you there!;)

10. endy317

endy317 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    thanks for all the info guys i might have to check the gatherings out this year :0a31: