Need to know what's the difference

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by tnoutlawkatfish, Mar 24, 2009.

1. tnoutlawkatfish

tnoutlawkatfish New Member

State:
    Mcminnville,TN.
    I need to know what's the the difference in the Zebco 808 and 888? I'm planning on getting one or the other for my 8 yr. son.Can anyone please help thanks....:confused2:

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hi Robert..I think really the only difference is a 808 is plastic casing and the 888 is an upgraded version of the 808 with metal casing.Other than that there identical...

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I belive the 888 is plastic & the 888 is metal

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Did some checking on the web. From what I can tell both have the metal spool cover, with the exception the 808 has the plastic casing and the 888 had the metal casing. Not sure! I think the 888 has a higher line capacity than the 808 Zebco. There's a reel called the 808 Magnum that has the Hawg handle, which looks like a beefier reel than the 888. For catfish applications, I would opt for the 808 Magnum. It says the 808 Magnum comes spooled with 125 yds. of 25 test line.

Hope this helps!!

5. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    CC had the for $24.95 a while back for rod and reel.Good chanel cat setup for someone to start out with. Great for kids thats what mine started out on you can always put on lighter line so they will cast further too. Easy for kids to use for catting or anything.

6. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    i THINK THEY MAKE A 888 MAGNUM HAWG ASWELL, PROBABLY YOUR BEST CHOICE WHEN IT COMES TO A CLOSED FACE REEL........ HOWEVER IF YOUR SON IS GOING TO BE A AVID CATFISHERMAN YOU MIGHT WANT TO START HIM OFF WITH A BAITCASTER AND SAVE SOME TIME LATER IN HIS LIFE ON LEARNING TO USE THEM:smile2: IM STILL TRYING TO GET THEM MASTERED AFTER 6 YEARS :smile2:

7. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ck out the hawg seeker that zebco makes it is a set up for catfishing and it is a nice setup for the young and the laid back.