Need to Get out of 'St. Louis

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by LloydTheFisherman, Jul 14, 2009.

1. LloydTheFisherman

LloydTheFisherman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hi,

I wanted to take a fishing trip on September 4th 2009 I can rent me a hotel room or stay with one of you. I want to fish some big lakes though, if you don't mind me tagging along and fishing with you, I would really like to get to know one of you and I can travel to visit you in September 2009. I want Lake of the Ozarks, Bull Shoels, Mark Twain or some other big lake in Missouri.

If not I am going to start driving around and traveling and getting out on some of the bigger lakes, by myself and if I drown or something happens it is your fault. If anyone is planning on a fishing trip I would like to tag along about that time., I can go bit sooner if need be.

In the meantime I am going to try an contact family this weekend in Memphis and see if I can schedule a fishing trip then. I hav not talked to them in years.

I just want to get to know some of the fisherman here and you can help teach me something. I will buy the beer.

I am tired of not having any fishing buddies. I have not had any real friends since I was a kid other than women. I need to bond with my fellow man.

So let me know, if you want you can call me at 314-546-9822. We can talk about it and make plans.

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Lloyd, I feel your pain. So does most of the folks here, cause that is why we all visit the BOC, to be with friends who share our catfishing interest. Relax, you came to the right spot. There are many St Louis Area members here. In fact, so many are here that we decided a couple of years ago to form our own group here on the BOC, called The Gateway Cats Club. We operate out of the BOC's Tournament Section, although tournaments we do are called "Dollar Tournaments" Their called that for a reason, they cost one dollar to enter. LOL
    We are planning a group get together at this very moment. Might I suggest you make plans to visit and see if we are something you might want to join in on.

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    LMAO!!!!!:smile2:

If you drown it's our fault!????:smile2::smile2::smile2: Can't we just blame Kutter and be done with it?

You'll find lots of folks around here to be fishing buds with so just hang out a bit and post up.

Check out the Gateway Cats Dollar tourney/BBQ coming up either August 1st or 2nd.

Welcome to the BOC Lloyd!

4. LloydTheFisherman

State:
    Illinois
    I had a guy here told me I could go fishing with him in Auguest, YEA!!!!!

Now I fish for 2-6 pound catfish, not the monsters of the Midway.

I want to know if my equipment is OK. I used it at a local lake and caught my limit of Channel Catfish, b ut they were lighter 12-14" inchers.

I plan to get a 9ft Crappie Pole, with 6# braid line. I love how those catsfish felt on the 4# line I was using, but I know if I hit the river, I need to upgrade my pole only holds 8#, so I figure since my reel is only 6#, I would go to 6# braid to save some money.

I catch my fish to eat, I don't know if the rest of you eat your catch or not. Now if I get into some serious catfish then I will get an all catfish rig, but for my pocketbook, I felt this current rig will allow me to catch anything, Bass, Crappie. Bluegill, Trout and Catfish. I have not caught a trout yet.

Last time I went fishing was the first time I caught some real catfish and ate them, they were good. I caught my limit wich was four. I could feel the hunter and animal side comeing out in me. I will not buy any more fish for myself at the store, unless it is winter. I love catching my own fish and it tastes oh so good.

Those cats making the drag work, barly work on the 4# line, so when I get the 6# braid and hit the river, I expect to get some bigger ones. I love the feel of that battle.

Oh by the way, I have been bank fishing.

5. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Where have you been fishing at latley Lloyd? Have you tried any of the local rivers yet?

6. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    well you are welcome to come to mendota next week! only drawback is it is in central CA:eek:oooh:

7. LloydTheFisherman

State:
    Illinois
    I can't make it that far just yet. But I will keep that offer in the back of my mind.

Thanks