Need to find a ramp

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Dredge, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Do any of you know if Winter Park's ramps are useable?If not,is there a put in between Arnold and Valley Park?I want to go out Wed. and only know Flamm City or Winter.Thanks for any input.

2. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Good luck with that
    George winter,Flam City,Hollywood Beach and Meramec Marina is all under water.and there is one private ramp just so. of george winter but they want $55.00 for an annual membership. so it looks like Valley Park or Bust

3. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Where can I find a ramp at Valley Park?I'll try anywhere at this point in time.Three weeks no fishing is killing me.

4. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Yeah Mike there is a nice ramp in Valley Park that's still open. It's in Meramec Landing Park off of Marshall Rd. Coming from Fenton on 141 (going north) take a right onto Marshall Road, it will turn left and then back to the right and become St. Louis Ave. follow it all the way through the levee and past Simpson Park. On your right you'll see a turn off that cuts back to the right it will come to a tee turn left another tee turn right and then straight back till you see the ramp on your left. The road going back there isn't in the greatest of shape (lots of pot holes), but the ramp is in great shape still. Me and Debbie went out on the Meramec Saturday night and had 20 foot of water almost all the way up river to Eureka (where 44 crosses the river again) Don't know what time your hitting the river, but I'm usually home around 5pm and can meet you somewhere and show you the way it's only about 15 minutes from my house. Shoot me a pm if your hitting it in the evening and want me to show you the way...Good Luck

5. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Thanks,guys.Michael,I'll be going out around 6A.M.so I'll try to find the ramp on my own.I very much appreciate the heads up and directions.I know a little about Valley Park,just haven't been there since I was a kid.Maybe some evening we'll fish it together.I read your other post,so I'll take some kind of bait with me.(Bluegill,shrimp and livers).At least I can get the boat wet.Again,thank you all.

6. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Just got back from Vally Park. Nothing to brag about just a couple of nibbles here and there. All in all it was a nice day to be on the water.
    I just sit back and let Trevon drive me from spot to spot....lol
    I see I'm in trouble 3yrs from now when he get his license........Man ol Man:embarassed::embarassed:. He had a blast till all the jet skies showed up. man it had to be about 20 or more. they have no respect for fishermen down there:angry:

I got a good chuckle on my way to the ramp and saw the water patrol giving some of them the business.............:smile2:

7. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I'll keep that in mind.I'm headed out again,Friday.I know what you mean about Jetskis.They don't care about jack.Run through lines,then blame you.I can aim an 8 once sinker at a moving head pretty good,though.Buttheads best watch themselves near me.:smile2:

8. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Yeah, it's pretty bad on the Meramec right now, not only do you have the guys with jet ski's but also the big boats. Me and Ryan were out last weekend and had some guy with a cabin cruiser throwing a wake that make you think a barge just went by you going up and down the river. I think these guys think that because there is enough room on a lake to act stupid in their big boats and there is enough water in the Meramec right now for them to put in they can still do the same old crap. I'm not sure if it's that they don't know what they do to smaller boats when they do flying past them or they just don't care. :angry:

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Yep. I saw a big white cabin boat out there. those wakes will make you go in your pants on that little river.

10. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I've been to lake of the Ozarks several times, and I got a couple of buddies who got some double engine bahas and fountain's. They are the same way. Size matters, and they just don't care. They'll go flying by a small boat doing 80mph.:crazy:

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Hmmmm, Mike, tell us the truth, have you actually ever been there?:wink:
    I decided this evening to check you ramp out. Soooo, I copied your directions. Ran into a couple of snags along the way. For example, Marshal Rd does not "turn left and then back to the right and become St. Louis Ave." Marshal road goes straight where the road turns. If you turn, the name of the road is Beckett Memorial Drive. If you take the next right, then you will be on St. Louis Ave. Marshal dead ends if you take it. Then I did as you said, and continued on St Louis Ave, past the levee, then past Simpson Park. Did not see the road you were talking about and eventually, came up on Greentree Park Boat Ramp in Kirkwood. I asked a kind gentleman pulling his fancy yacht out, if he knew if there was a boat ramp in Valley Park. He kinda snurled his nose and made some comment about not ever going to Valley Park to find out. Forgot, I was in Kirkwood. If I hadn't been driving the Lincoln, he more than likely wouldn't have even spoke to me. I doubled back and found the road you said to turn on. It wasn't past Simpson Park, it was only a few hundred feet past the levee. Anyway, you were right about it being a pothole infested road. Kind wished I had taken the 4 wheel drive pickup. Note to self, take Lincoln to car wash before wife notices all the mud on it.:wink:
    You were right about the ramp being in great shape. I'm tempted to head out right back there with the boat right now.

12. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I think I'll try to find this ramp Friday morning.In the meantime,hang in there,guys.Every day,I see more rod and less water at Flamm City.If we're lucky,late next week it'll open.I know it's the closest access to the Mississippi for alot of us.

13. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Sorry if my directions weren't the best Tom, but you did find it. When I said after the Park I meant the entrance where the boat ramp is on the lake. Kind of funny you had so many problems with finding it. Ryan read my directions and knew exactly where I was talking about and didn't have any trouble at all meeting me there. Guess when you start getting old things like directions start becoming more difficult.:roll_eyes: But seriously if you were headed over that way all you had to do was give me a call and I'd of went with you. Especially when you ended up in Kirkwood all you had to do was call me up and I would of gladly helped you out.

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I came real close to going back this evening. I may even head out in the morning some time, an do some juggin over there. If not that, maybe some drifting. Maybe both. LOL

There was something else that happens when ya get older,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what the heck was that now?:wink:

15. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Rumor has it that the boat club is useable now. There is 2 ft of mud covering everything, but I think they are working all day to get things cleaned up, so I've been told.:wink:

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey Mike , did you find Coffeen Lake.. Since you didn't call back I figured that you either found it or gave up.. hehehe You and Debbie need to come over and fish Carlyle Saturday afternoon at Justins Tourney..

17. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I would Harold, but Debbie works this weekend and I went ahead and volunteered to work Saturday morning. Yeah we found the lake, not sure how we missed that turn :embarassed: didn't catch much....one cat that weighed about 1.5lbs.

18. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Gary,
    We didn't end up going out last night. The club is open but not the ramp. They have the road blocked off right past the clubhouse. The road is clear out to the ramp and the parking lot is clear also. I guess they don't want the local sight seers out in the parking lot backing off in the mud and getting stuck. I hope it will be all opened this weekend. You could easily put in there now. I don't know who's decision it was to block the road but it seems sort of silly unless I'm missing something. One of the old men under the tree in front of the club house said they didn't want anyone driving on paved road past the clubhouse since it had been under water for soo long????? Seems odd since they had the huge loader going down it to get it cleaned off.
    Guess we will see!

19. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    That sounds like something them old farts would do. What's the worse that can happen? Get stuck?? That's what they made tractors for, to pull you out.:crazy: