Need tips for Cedar Bluff Lake - all species

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ozzyso44, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    Going out there for the fourth of July. Don't know much about the lake, but plan on spending lots of time fishing. If you have ever fished that lake before, please provide information. Thanks!

2. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Find a wind blown point and set up shop. I've caught whites and wipers on bucktail jigs, Black bass on about any bass lure, and a lot of cats on shrimp and night crawlers.
    I just hope you can find a place to fish on that weekend, as it'll be packed with people.
    On a side note, last spring I caught 1 largemouth there on my birthday. But that's ok as it weighed in at 9lbs, 3 ounces. Which stands as the biggest bass I've ever caught!!

3. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    ya i agree the windblown flats seem to be produceing some cats so i hear hope this helps..:big_smile:

4. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    Thanks, deep or shallow? I liked the looks of the bluffs, but so many boat come through that narrow section. I was hoping for the west end of the lake, but it seems so shallow.