Need Suggestions; 9ft, sensitive, surf rod.

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Pigcat71, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Pigcat71

Pigcat71 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hello to all,

need

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey, if I understand the thread correctly you want to know about a good sensitive 9ft surf rod?

In my opinion the 9ft Ugly Stick is very good, for surf fishing I would use a 10ft, but 9ft is decent. I had a 9ft, and I have a 11ft, both of them cast awesome and handle fish great, they both are very sensitive also.

Hope this helps.

3. Pigcat71

Pigcat71 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    really? I have a few uglies....love em, but i dont have any surf models.....where can I get them online?

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, I forgot to mention I also have a 10ft in the "Ugly Stik Custom" model and it's awesome but the custom models are expensive.

As far as where to get one online, go to www.google.com and type in "9ft Ugly Stik" there, hopefully that will work. They also sell them at Bass pro shops, Dicks sporting goods, and even some Wal-Marts.

Good luck.

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Cant go wrong with an ugly stick.

6. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    ugly sticks are good .there like tried and true hope this helps good luck

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The ugly sticks are good but I went with the "Beefstick" and "powertip" both at 12 feet. Both are available at 8 and 9 foot lengths though.

8. Bob R

Bob R New Member

State:
    Woodbridge, VA
    I'm also a fan of the ugly stick. I have several of the regular and custom models. I have a 8' Okuma Solaris surf rod that I use for pier and bank fishing that I think is just great. With it rigged properly I usually out cast guys with 12' and bigger outfits. Also, I went on vacation last week and left my rods at home. Had to make an emergency run to wal-mart for a new one and all they had were Berkley Big Game power series. I really like the way this rod feels and for only $20 bucks you cant beat it for the price.

9. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i have a 9 ft. pinnacle power tip pro. it is a nice rod. it has a clear tip that makes it easier to see at night.