Need someone to take us fishing - 8/15 and 8/16

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BKS72, Jul 21, 2008.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Hey, Dad and a couple of his friends are wanting to meet up and fish the big river the weekend of 8/15. His buddies are bringing a boat, but I don't feel like dragging mine over for dad and I. Any of you guys feel like a couple of guests in your boat those 2 days? I'm happy to provide some gas money and throw the net, dad said he'd be happy to pull the anchor, so we'll earn our keep:smile2: I'm pretty sure that's the plan, I'll post up more as I figure out what's going on exactly. I may wind up bringing mine over anyway if the kids want to come, but I wanted to check out options. Thanks!

Branden

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Well my dad and his buddy are supposed to be coming in town that weekend to go catfishing with me. His plans change pretty often so I will let you know. If he doesn't come in then you guys are more than welcome in my boat (if I get her running again).

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Branden....Is this another one of them 48 hour marathon fishing things? Cause I can't hang with that. It just kicks my behind to fish all night. Plus..... can't plan that far in advance or anything but I may be able to cover a bit of it. Have to see when it gets closer.....:roll_eyes:

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Well Branden, I got the blessing from Mrs Rat, so.....................come on over! I can go Friday the 15th, I just have to be home by Saturday the 16th at 1230 pm, something about Mrs Rat's bridal shower or something......not sure what I have to do with that, but I'm not arguing....I have her blessing for Friday night!

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Thanks guys! I'm still waiting on those guys to finalize their plans. Depending on who's coming I may have to drag the boat over anyway, but if the guest list is short it'd be great to be able to hang with one of you guys. Bill/Ryan, I'll definitely give you a shout so we can hook up whether we bring a boat or not!

Skip, it'll probably be all-night trips. Shoot, sometimes the bite doesn't start till 3AM:wink:

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Hmmmmm How is your guy's bite on the mississippi on full moon nights?

7. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    The full moon brings out the crazy cats! I liked the full moon bite and hot weather, it seems to put the feed bag on.

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I'll second that, last wednesday and thursday the moon was big and bright with the bite at a 10!

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Hmmm, I'm still trying to figure the full moon thing out. I'm starting to think the bite is good all the way up to the full moon. Then after the full moon it' takes a day or 2 to get back on it. Still working on it though......

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

Well its been a day or two, Now if I can get Kutter to turn of the sprinklers Im going back to CB

11. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Well I can tell you that I was out during the full moon and then a few days after the full moon. Fishing after the full moon was not nearly as good as it was during the full moon!