Need some support

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by rairdog, Jul 18, 2007.

1. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
  2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    This is an absolute disgrace and an insult to anyone of average intelligence.
    80 jobs is a significant economic benefit? Give me a break. You could create more jobs building a Wal-mart. The only economic benefits involved in this are BP's profits and whatever got paid under the table to get this through. I wonder how many sleazy officials got paid off for this one. I suppose gas will be under $2.00 a gallon when it comes online...yeh, right!
    This whole thing stinks. If every Hoosier protested against this maybe something could be achieved but I doubt anything will happen. People in general a so apathetic about this kind of thing unless it impacts them directly and immediately. The prospect of their children or grandchildren not being able to swim in lake Michigan 20 years from now is lost on them.
    Rant over! How are you doing Jim, had any cats out of "the hole" this year?...W

3. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Hey W, the hole has been on fire until the drought the last few weeks. Me and the neighbor have pulled close to 20 flats from 8 to 25 lbs. My new gf even pulled one out and now she's addicted. The best news is we released all but 2 (can't resist a good male steak). We put them "above" and my neighbor caught one 2 miles upstream with a hole in its bottom lip. Our efforts to keep them away from the "slayers" are paying off. PM me sometime... oh and I still have your muti-tool. RD

4. thenightstalker

thenightstalker New Member

State:
    indiana
    we arent into "code" around here. this is a site to share. if you wanna be secretive pick up the dang phone. if you have something good to share...like that article u posted, please do it. but that code crap should be private message or talked about over the phone

5. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Here are some email links

US Senate and House info for Indiana:
    Bayh, Evan- (D - IN) Class III
    131 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
    (202) 224-5623
    email form - http://bayh.senate.gov/LegForm.htm

Lugar, Richard G.- (R - IN) Class I
    306 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
    (202) 224-4814
    E-mail: senator_lugar@lugar.senate.gov

Joe Donnelly
    District Office
    207 West Colfax Avenue
    South Bend, Indiana 46601-1601
    Ph (574) 288-2780
    Fx (574) 288-2825
    email form: http://donnelly.house.gov/issue_subscribe.shtml

http://mobile.chicagotribune.com/news.jsp?key=43579

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Zach,
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize you had been promoted to Chief Post Inspector.
    As for "we aren't into code around here" , when exactly were you nominated to speak for the BOC? I must have missed the announcement.
    As for "this is a site for sharing", take a minute and go read some of my posts. You'll find that most of them offer help and advice. You won't find any where I mouth off telling someone what they should or shouldn't post.
    As for "that code crap should be private message or talked about over the phone", again I wasn't aware of your position of Editor-In-Chief. I must do better at keeping up with developments here at the BOC. How about I run my posts past you in future so you can decide if the content is crap or not?
    There was no "code". Just one guy asking another guy a question and another guy answering so get off your high horse and wind your neck in.
    I did consider sending this post as a PM but as you raised the point publicly I thought it deserved a public response.
    Have a good day...W

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thanks for the heads up and email links brother! mailing my STRONG opinions to them all.:angry:

8. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Come on people it's time to write your letters and emails. The project has been put on hold temporarily. We got Candy on our side.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070724/UPDATE/707240433/1003

I really can't believe there hasn't been more responses to this post.
    Doesn't anyone here fish Lake Michigan. Do we not think of it as a place to catch catfish but only steelhead and salmon. It's full of flats. Here is a pic of a fellow member from a different site with a nice flat on a fly reel. And... he was not even targeting flats. Get mad.... get to writing.

Attached Files:

9. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
  10. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Our Indiana leaders do not seem to care about this situation. We can all help by boycotting BP products, voting Mitch out of office and join our neighboring states by signing this petition.

http://kirkforcongress.com/petition1/

11. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Just sent Lugar a motivational letter, hope it helps! It is crazy that Illinois and Michigan senators are objecting but no Indiana Senators. I think they're too distracted with a bunch international problems, be them justified or not, and are overlooking problems here at home. We have to fix our own problems before we can think about fixing the world's. That's my $.02.