Need some suggestions...

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by iFish, Jun 3, 2008.

1. iFish

iFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Anybody have any ideas on what kind of reel I should get? Im leaning towards a baitcasting reel, but it needs to be kind of inexpensive (less than $50 maybe). Any suggestions are welcome :big_smile:

2. BlackWaterCatFisher

BlackWaterCatFisher New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I was at wally world the other day and they had some Shakespeare Tidewater bait casters for about 39.99, things got a real loud clicker on it too.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    But, for a few bucks more, you can get a real reel! :) I shopped carefully on eBay and bought two new Abu Garcia 6000s for $35 each. Penn also makes some fine inexpensive reels.
    BB in SC

4. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    You can get the new Daiwa Millionaire Classic series of reels for around $40 or so on ebay, new in the box. Retail price is $70. 3 bearings, instant anti-reverse, good drag system, 300 model holds 180yds of 20lb test, and it's got a clicker too. I bought two the other day, when they get here, I'll post my comments on them. Having used lots of Daiwa reels in the past, I'm looking forward to getting them in my hands.

5. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Ebay is definitely worth a look as Penn 209, 309, Jigmasters, and to a lesser extent, Squidders are available for 20.00- 70.00 range. These would all serve you well.

6. iFish

iFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ill try looking at ebay, but if I can I would rather buy it from a store... Thanks for all the advice so far everyone

7. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Best bet is to go to Wal-Mart and get an Abu Garcia 6000 for $59.

8. iFish

iFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thats what I was looking at today. I will more than likely end up buying it Monday. Cant go fishing this weekend because of a basketball tournament :angry:

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I have an ABU GARCIA 6000 that I won on the giveaway contest supplied by Catfish Safari and the BOC. This reel is really nice and casts great. Holds 245yds. of 14# test. Great reel and I believe it sells for approx. $59. Do some researching and maybe you can get it cheaper.

Good luck!!:big_smile::big_smile: