Need some suggestions please for boating

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by RiverKing, Jun 2, 2006.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I have a 16 foot riverking bomber boat with a 35 horse evinrude, i have two swivel seats in the back of it, so i can fish out of the back of the boat while fishing in the river, i have 6 berkely quickset rod holders mounted across the back (on the gas tank/battery lid, and then the others mounted on the livewell lid)..Well when i stand up, the poles are only at knee level..I would like to build something across the back of the boat to mount my rod holders on that is easily removable, so i can take it off when im not fishing..I would like the holders to be at least to waist level , maybe higher....Any suggestions or pics would be really helpful..Thanks

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    matt, browse the library man. very good invetions in there from your brothers.

3. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Here is what I built for my boat. I think it's along the lines of what you are talking about.

Attached Files:

4. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    I think dexsrus was what you are looking for

5. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looks like you struck gold Matt, theres some more in the history.

6. reel pleasure

reel pleasure New Member

State:
    New jersey
    PVC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres a couple good ones in the library,I made one and werks great!
    With all the elbows and T's available ya can build it to suit yer needs.I'm plannin on incorporatin a cutting board on mine,can't wait.

Talk about easily removable,affordable,and possibly even adorable.

7. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Thanks alot guys, you really helped me, and im in the process of building on now...Ill let you know how it turns out

8. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Dave: that is a great looking job on the holder for the holders.

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    duxsrus, What/how did you mount that to your boat..Id really like to see pics of the mounts if ya got em...

10. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I've posted these before on another thread, but here's some pics of mine.

11. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I'm getting ready to leave for work right now but I'll snap a pic of the mount and post it up here this evening.

12. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well, better late than never. LOL Here's pics of the mounts.

Attached Files:

13. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Thanks!.. That bracket on the side, attached to the boat. You weld that on ??

Im trying to come up with some better rod holders for my boat. I've made some PVC ones, but I am not happy at all with them. My mounts are a pain in the rumpass, and they look pretty cheesy for my taste.. I really like the looks of yours, and I think I can modify it to what I need... It's Just I have no welder hehe..

14. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    They're screwed to the boat but the two pieces of aluminum that make up the mount are welded together, if that's what you mean. This setup is the third one I've made and no two are alike. Every boat just needs a different setup. Cutting all the pieces is the real pain in the butt, the welding didn't take me that long. If you could get the metal and cut everything yourself, a welder shouldn't charge that much to put it all together.

15. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was going to ask what the electrical wiring was for, but after looking at the pics a 2nd time I noticed the lighting....pretty slick set-up!

Smitty