Need some shad

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Bigen, May 22, 2008.

1. Bigen

Bigen New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know this sounds crazy but if anyone has some shad they wouldnt mind getting rid of or they have extra of I would be abliged to buys some from you. I live in murphy and need some for this weekend. Try not to luagh at me, no boat-no cast net.

2. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    if there are any bait shops around they probably have some cut shad or shad gut

3. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Aaron,
    I dont have a boat either but shad can still be caught from the bank. Be careful thought around rocks, Ive ripped more than one net in shallow water. It can still be done if you can find em close, usually around dusk at the lakes I fish. Good luck to you, my friend.

4. Bigen

Bigen New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks to both of you for the advise. I will try both of those. Makes me feel a little better knowing I am not the only one trying to master the catfishing game without a boat. Hope the best for the both of you on the upcoming weekend. I will post pics from the weekend and am looking forward to checking out some of yours.

5. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Hey Bigen you can buy a cast net at walmart, but as was said you have to be careful from the bank or you will lose your castnet. Having said that I still lose one every now and then from a boat. You can find shad behind Kincaid lake spillway be careful or you will be hung in the rocks. If you go south on rte. 3 then go south on the levi north of the bridge, the Grandtower chute has an overflow pipe that dumps into the Big Muddy a couple of miles down you should be able to see it from the levi. It won't be much good if the muddy is up to high, but if there is water boiling out the shad should be there

6. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Hey Aaron I forgot to tell you that the bait shop at the intersection of IL 149 and rt. 3 generally have frozen shad sometimes fresh.

7. Bigen

Bigen New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks tonot I apreciate it.