Need some new tires ?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Vonroc, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
  2. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I had no idea about that. Thanks

3. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois

I happened to catch this a while back on tv--it is scary---makes you wonder how many will have to die before there are some restrictions on shelf life put in place---isn't that basically what the health departments do with food? They put restrictions on how long a food establishment can keep food so it doesn't "hurt " you don't they? Good post that may save a life---I know I'll be checking any used tires I buy.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the post. Learn something every day. Reps to you.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I don't know if it's still being made, or if it still uses the same name, but some years ago, a device was developed to put on the front end of your vehicle to prevent sudden, rapid, side-to-side wheel movement in case of a blowout. A cousin of mine helped develop it and market it, then sold his share out to his partner. But he showed me films where he was driving a schoolbus and used explosive to blow out the front tire. The bus didn't swerve as it came to a stop. This could be particularly useful for motor homes, or vehicles pulling trailers. Back then, it was called 'Safety Plus'.

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Been buying cars for almost 53 years and didn't know that!
    I'll be checking my tires today.

Thanks!