Need some location help on Branched Oak

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by douglas_413, Jul 5, 2007.

1. douglas_413

douglas_413 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hey everyone! I am going to Branched Oak this saturday night and try to do some cattin. The only problem is I have never been there before. I only have a trolling motor on my boat so its not like I can run all over the lake looking for spots.

I was just curious if you guys could point me in the right direction. And I would like to catch some flatheads but I dont know if they are even in there. I will have to look online.

2. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well if you want a flatty troll the rip-rap on the dam with a live white perch. perch can be easily caught bouncing a worm on the bottom on the dam. be careful alot of inconsiderate power boaters most are wasted and will try to swamp you for a laugh. also wind can be an issue just a little wind can cause big waves out their. other than that you should catch something that lake is loaded with flattys. used to fish it all the time till the river consumed all my fishing time. if flats are not biting head over to the swimming beach their is an area that is an old road bed in eight feet of water then drops straight down to 18 feet, you can catch channels and blues out of their all night.

3. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    forgot to mention all flatheads are catch and release in their.

4. Zombie76

Zombie76 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    That is some great info right there!!!
    Thanks much!!!