Need some Information!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by CNTRYBOY, Oct 25, 2009.

1. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I am from Arkansas. But, I have some friends that are more like family too me that live in Columbus, Ohio. Someday when I get out of the poor house enough, I might make a trip up to visit them. And thought about maybe do some fishing while there.

So, if there are members close by - please let me know who you are. And, where is a good place close to Columbus to fish and what time of the year is the best time?

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I live in columbus but I dont catch anything big, that being said Dillon is a good place for Channels and the Damn from what ive heard is good for flats. Its about 45 min away from Columbus. There is also Buckeye which is good for Channels and if you have a boat even better.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Newton, the Muskingum River is about an hour from Columbus. Be more than glad to fish with a dude from Arkie! :wink: rollo

4. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    Well buddy, I think you'r going to have alot of options to choise from, Like who should you fish with, To should i just pick a place to fish at,witch ever you pick i think you'll get plenty of help,I can give you help finding lakes and or ponds with in a 20 min drive from col's ohio, Or i can take you to them,I live just outside col:wink:

5. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    well there are lots of places within at least an hours drive to go to. some have some pretty decent size cats in there also:big_smile:. i would be more than happy to tag along and show you a few spots:cool2:. just give me a holler when you will be in town. also what part of columbus you thinking of staying in?

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    scioto river south of columbus about half hour south or furtheris very good fishing i live in dayton maybe we can hook up and fish the scioto rick

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    deer creek is about half an hour from columbus. there are plenty of channels in there.best fishing is in april and then again in september and october,if they don't let the water out early like they did this year.

but,you can get into them good in the middle of summer too,just easier to get ahold of in spring and fall from shore.