need some info

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by poisonpits, Oct 13, 2008.

1. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    have any of you ever fished blue mountain lake or below the dam at blue mountain.

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I am about 20 minutes from the ramp..:wink: In the spring when the water is running into the lake from the petit-jean river i have caught blues in the river....i have caught many a good sized channels in the lake..there are Big-Blues in the Lake johnnie but there elusive:eek:oooh: All the nice ones come on jugs:tounge_out: I have tried & tried & tried on the blues rod & reel for several years.....shad is plentifull in the lake also...you MUST stay in the bouy path or it wont be good at all....it is however a world-class crappie lake:wink: if ya can afford 2 hobbies!!!!:smile2: Personally i dont care for it i hit the AR river...that's just me though..:big_smile:

3. jimmy willaby

jimmy willaby New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I have been going there since 1957. If you look at my picture that is where it was taken at the Opal James look-out . It was named for a park ranger that was shot & killed there sometime back.
    I was there in June but, had to stay at Magazine Mountain State Park.
    The biggest one I caught was 42#.
    We had a tornado hit and nearly blew us off the mountain done a lot of damage to Cuba Ark. I think 3 people were killed .
    I love it there !!!!!!!!
    The reason we could not stay at Blue Mtn. is because of high water
    I catch a lot of channel cat there also.
    I live on Lake Tawakoni "THE CATFISH CAPITAL OF TEXAS "
    but I love going to Blue Mountain and will go back next year and the next until they put me in the ground. :smile2:

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Sounds like a good place. Never been there myself. may have to go check it out. Thanks for the information!

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i was wondering bout flatheads below the dam.ive heard that they catch some good ones there.

6. jimmy willaby

jimmy willaby New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    IF THE WATER IS RUNNING I HAVE ALWAYS CAUGHT THEM. IF THE WATER IS NOT RUNNIN "NO LUCK".
    BETTER HALF LIKES TO CATCH THE CHANNEL CAT THERE.
    WATER WAS RUNNIG GOOD IN JUNE WHEN I CAUGHT THE 42 # AND HE WAS A FLAT . :big_smile:

7. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Johnny, you fixen to head to blue mountain?????? PM me lets go get em..... Mac