Need some info

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by PHLIPS4BIGKATS, Jan 9, 2008.

1. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    :0a35:The cabelas king kat tour. that is normally in waverly is now at Louisiana MO. I know nothing about this area let alone the mighty Miss. could anyone help me with some ideas to prepair for? Is there a dawm, lock, bridges or just an idea of what the fishing like in this area. Big water doesn't bother me just don't what kind of barg traffic and so on that might go on in this area. My game plan just blew out the window.

Thanks Chris

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    They're not having a Cabela's in Waverly this year?? I thought Waverly produced big fish on the whole tour the last couple of years? That info could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not. I meant my info on big fish could be wrong, not that the tourney wasn't going to be in Waverly

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    If you look at the new sched. it isn't on there. I PM tanner the other day but he didn't have info to give me about the change from a few threads back when darrel posted the first one. Thats all I know.

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Yep your right no tournament in waverly this year look like they think all the big cats are on the mississippi because all the tournaments they are doing there you know what that means the world record cat will be cought on the missouri river this year

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    their should be a big tourney held in Louisiana Mo this year. if i remember correctly they hold a big tourney every year. But i don't think it is associated with the King Kat.

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Louisana is situated between two dams. If they are not running water it is similar to a large lake. Saverton dam is upstream about 20 miles and Clarksville is just a few miles down. About 5 would say. I have trouble catching fish there because I am used to fishing the current of the Missouri. The other gathering you are speaking of is put on by Cooks boats and motors. It is a nice ramp and there are fish there. Just aint easy for me to find them.

7. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    that's right i couldn't remember Cooks! thanks Bob that was going to drive me crazy intill i thought of that name.

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Clarksville dam is more like 8-9 miles downstream. Saverton is close to 20 miles upstream as Bob stated. I never had much luck pre-fishing there either when I tried it. Didn't get to fish the tourney either. You will have problems anchoring at saverton because it seems to be a smooth rock bottom with little to grab on to. To fish Clarksville of course you have to lock through to fish the tailwaters and hope you can lock back up to get to the weigh-in (ask River Rat about that).

Slider is the one to ask for tips fishing that area, he fishes there all the time and he can find them pretty well.:wink:

You also have the Salt River that merges with the Mississippi a few miles upstream from Louisiana, there can be blues there if they are running water out of Mark Twain. Also Flatheads but you won't (most likely) win a tourney there with Flatheads.

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    no jason, I think your referring to the cooks tourny, that is held in louisiana mo. every year. I dont think king kat have anything to do with that one

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    [/QUOTE]Also Flatheads but you won't (most likely) win a tourney there with Flatheads.[/quote][/QUOTE]

well thanks D. wish I would have known that last year. Me and my brother fished the first 4hrs tring to find them early morning flats. time wasted I guess:smile2:

11. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Hey guys I'm looking at the schedule for 2008 king kat trail in the latest issue of catfish gold magazine. It shows a night tournament in Waverly,Mo July 26,2008. No Louisiana mo there is st. jo on June 21,2008 and New Madrid,Mo May 31,2008. It does say dates and locations subject to change. :confused2: Hope this helps Eric

12. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Just this last Saturday January 5th at the BOC get together in Ky., the Cabelas‘s folks presented their 2008 schedule. What changed was instead of Santee Cooper (postponed due to lack of water) they added our very own… Crystal City, Mo. (in conjunction with Gateway Catfishing Club) which is set for April 5th to kick off the King Kat tourney…

They did remove Waverly, St. Joseph Mo. is scheduled for June 21st.

Louisiana, Mo. was added in for a night tourney on July 26th.

The cooks one is a local event held on the 3rd weekend in August out of Louisiana, Mo… Hope this clarifies the schedule a bit.