Need some Info on Lake Marion

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by riverdawg-1, Mar 5, 2007.

1. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I'm planning on coming to lake Marion sometime in April. Last time I was there, the only time, was only for a night passing through. We stayed at Harry's. Caught alot of cats from the shore and loved it, but this time i want to stay 3-4 days and does anybody have any recamendations for a campground and also on renting a boat. I think renting a boat will cost alot less than towing mine from VA and getting SC reg. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    If your boat is currently registered in your state then you won't need SC registration.Make sure you have all the required safety gear though.Harrys has a good campground so does Blacks Camp.Go to www.santeecooper.com and you can find a list of all of them under recreation.I would recommend a guide if you can afford it as Marion is particularly dangerous.Both lakes average 12ft in depth so when the wind blows the waves get real BIG right then.Randolphs Landing rents boats but I cant vouch for how good they are .They do have pontoons.Go to the SC thread as there is a wealth of material on Santee there.:big_smile:

3. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    the pontoons average about 150 dollars a day and the only thing i dont like about randolphs is the dock it sits too far out of the water and if the wind is bad it will beat your boat up

4. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Rock's pond has them for $150 for the day, or $200 for 24 hours. Before I bought mine I use to always go with the $200

5. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Look into Santee state park. You should be able to find it through a web search. They have several waterfront cabins, and a campground.

6. WhiskerSticker40

WhiskerSticker40 New Member

State:
    SC
  7. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Thanks everyone. I think I've decided to rent a pontoon and am making reservations at the state park today.