need some info on a few lakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by redneck_oh_44833, Oct 22, 2005.

1. redneck_oh_44833

redneck_oh_44833 New Member

State:
    Galion Ohio
    I am planning a move to tn next summer and would like some info on cherokee lake and douglas lake.
    I would like to know about fishing and any boat rules like motor restrictions .
    Any info would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you

2. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    where in tn r u moving if u move near nashville i would fish the cumberland i believe it's the best place for cats around here

Dusty
    U.S.M.C. ALUMNI
    GOD BLESS

3. redneck_oh_44833

redneck_oh_44833 New Member

State:
    Galion Ohio
    i'm looking at knoxsville area
    probable east of town out by sevierville

4. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    well redneck, if your moving near sevierville then you have some great fishing ahead of you :)....douglas lake fiishing reports have been good this year ...with a lot of night fishin for bass....i dont hear a lot about the catfishin there ...but there is a lot done and caught on the french broad river .....i live near maryville tn, ..and i fish mostly ft loudon lake and little river ,jus because they are close and im lazy ....lol....besides loudon lake is only across the road from work...cant resist taking the boat to work and going fishing afterwards ....lol....and has been really great catfishing this year there also...after ya get moved and settled just give the ole boog a holler ,be more than glad to take ya on a fishin trip on loudon :) lots of blues,channels, and flatties in there ....havent fish douglas or cherokee lake very much to know them well.....there is also norris lake,holston river ,...further my way is chilhowee lake(lots of trout ) .....loudon,watts bar,tellico ...you definitly wont get bored fishin the same hole all the time :)

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Dude if you are moving to TN you don't have enough fishing equipment!!!!!There isn't any bad place in TN.Start way in the west and go all the way east and there isn't a spot that doesn't have some great fishing.Smallmouths,largemouths ,stripers,wipers,and whites,catfish and if you get tired of that Trout on a flyrod below many of the dams and in the rivers in the east.Not only great fishing but many famous lakes everbody hears and dreams about.Dale Hollow for smallmouths and great trout below the dam and in the lake,Center Hill,Percy Priest,KY and Barkely,Norris for stripers,Watts Bar, Melton Hill I mean you just can't go wrong.When I was stationed At Ft.Knox I spent every other weekend in Tenn.The cumberland river is great catfish water as is the Tn.River.If you are married I hope you have an understanding wife.I have often thought that TN was the perfect state for a fisherman.