Need some help

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TA2D, Feb 8, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I am currently in the design process of one of my TOP SECRET off season projects. I need some help from my fellow catfishermen. I need to know if any of you use UV lights at night and if so do certain types of mono glow or flourese under these conditions, if so I would like to know what kind of line that you use. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if the project comes to be it should be advantageous to all.

Thanks

TA2D

2. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hey TA2D,
    A lot of commercial fishermen use blacklight fluorescent lights on their boats.Your Line will fluoresce much like it is a fibre optic.Another plus is that it does'nt put any strain on the eyes at night.I've seen shad trawlers use them on the rivers.Have thought of adding them to my own boat.

BILL

3. barnold

barnold Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am pretty sure Stren yellow florecent work with black lights.

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Any specific colors that anyone knows I know that Cajun Red line does not, I just wonder if certain colors will flourese more than others.

TA2D

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Aaron, anything labeled Floresent, Hi Visablity will usually show under black light. Love using mine at night. The one that shows up best as far as I am concerned is Berkley Iron Silk in Solar Mint but any bright green or yellow should show for ya.;)

6. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thanks guys this is great info for me the help is greatly appreciated

TA2D