Need Some Help

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Southwind, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Southwind

Southwind New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hay fellows I am new to the board and kinda new to cat fishing too. Any info on equipment, bait, etc would be appreciated. I have for the most part fish for bass. Thanks for any help.

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN

3. rodbender

rodbender New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC from a fellow Kentuckian. Try the member's library for some good tips. Whenever I fish I like to try different techniques and baits just to have a little variety. You will find plenty of good info on this site to help you get started.

4. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Welcome from kentucky to the B.O.C. First of all Read or Watch Videos on Catfishing in General. KEEP IT SIMPLE. Find a Buddy to go with and learn the Ins and Outs while on the Water. Im sure this sight will have all the information ever needed to learn but you still have to be on the water to apply it. Infisherman has several Dvds on catfishing that are very very detailed. :0a23: OHIO RIVER , MONSTER CATFISH , GREAT TIME

5. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC, First you need to decide what catfish your going four. Then read, watch, and fish any time you get a chance to. Your going to as much info on this site than you will ever need just ask.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Shirley.

7. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    WELCOME TO THE CLUB,CHECK OUT THE LIBRARY WITH ANY QUESTION YOU HAVE.IT'S FULL OF USEFULL INFO.BUT DON'T BE SCARED TO POST QUESTIONS.WE'LL LOVE TO HELP.:big_smile:

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC, I have cat rods and use 30 pound test, best bait i know of to use is cut bait, live bait like bluegill, shad, creek chubs, and smelly baits work good to like liver, Dip baits etx

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Shirley, welcome to the BOC/SOC. Like the others said, check out the members library. Theres lots of great info there. Look through other posts, most likely you will find an answer to a question you had that someone else had asked. Dont be afraid to post question and participate in discussions. Good luck.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC from a fellow Kentuckian!!!

11. Southwind

Southwind New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for all the good info fellows.

12. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Shirley,welcome to thr boc youll love it here like the rest of us...

13. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Welcome to the BOC. Just ask what you need to know and you will find it out real quick.

14. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Welcome to the BOC. What kind of gear do you use for Bass? Alot of Bass gear will work quite well for some catfishing, but you'll want to go heavier on the big rivers and for the big fish.

15. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC!

16. baldy804

baldy804 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    welcome to the boc :big_smile:

17. dkshep502

dkshep502 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hay Shirley welcome from Shelby Co. ky. First what part of ky are you in and what water do you fish. If your close to taylorsville lake check my posts on ky rivers. Again welcome and good luck.

Don:big_smile:

18. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Welcome aboard, Shirley! The library on here is an unbelievable source of info. And if you don't find an answer to your question, just ask. There are some truly knowledgable folks on here who love to help. Don't forget to check out the BOC Sisterhood section where some of us girls like to hang out!
    Deb

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Welcome to the BOC. ><[[[[º>