Need some help.

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Bubbafish, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ok im headin up to Kerr Lake in the next week or two and i was wondering what is the best thing to fish with for big blues up around the dam. I was also wonderin if just a plain bottom rig was best for fishin for them also. I have catfished for several years but have just recently gotten the itch to catch the big 50 to 100 pound cats and im just tryin to find the best way to go after the big ones.

Bubba

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Good luck. I don't know anything about Kerr Lake as of yet.

3. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Give it a few days, bubba. Some of the Kerr Lake guys are at the Gathering. I'm sure they will chime in when they get back.

4. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Can't Help Ya There Brother, But Good Luck To You Brother

5. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    thanks dwreel yea i hope they can help me really want to catch my biggest fish yet this upcoming trip.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Bubbafish I was talking to a friend of mine that fishes Kerr lake and he said that he was having luck on the west side of 85 bridge catching a few fish in the 20 plus range on shad and gills both cut and drifting.

7. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    ok cool yea ill be fishing from the bank so i wont be able to drift but the cut bait should work from shore if thats what thier takin. i hope.

8. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Cut bait is all I fish with, fresh. If it is old or got hot in the sun before it hit ice or the freezer i won't use it unless I have too.

9. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I use the rods i have rigged up for drifting even when i am anchored and seem to do better with them than when the bait is laying on the bottom so you may want to put a 1 to 3 inch float just above the hook to float the bait off the bottom.