Need some help

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by TA2D, Jun 17, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Me and SudDawg ar planing a trip to the U.P. around the end of September, and I was curious if anyone knows any good spots to catch some fish, any kind of fish we are gonna target what ever bites. I will be staying in Bessemer with my grandfather, I plan on hitting Lake Superior for a day or two, and maybe Lake Gogebic, MacDonald Dam, and some of the local rivers and streams. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron

TA2D

2. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    I would think that salomon steelhead fishing should be fantastick then but i dont get up there much but im sure sparky and some of the others can help you out! good luck

3. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    yea salmon will be hitting then I will be up at little tippy dam last week of sept or the first week in oct. tippy dam is up above grand rapids mich. on the manastee river we went last year and it was a blast

4. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Heck man, where you are staying, the Black River is just North of you. All of those feeder creeks that run into it are full of Brook Trout. Not big ones, but nice 8 to 10 inchers. Sapsucher creek crosses N. Bessemer Rd. about 4 mi. north of town. Then you can pick up a two tracker north and pick up Montowibo creek and a little bit North of that the Narrows Creek. These are small creeks, but they hold Trout.
    If you go east on 2 til you get to Wakefield, go South on 519 about 4mi. there is a two track the goes East. About a mile down the two track you'll hit the Little Black River. It's a little swampy in there but there are Trout. I'm sure I don't have to mention to take Bug Spray. I was down there the end of June one year, and just about got carried away.
    Good Luck
    Sparky

5. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thanks guys! I am trying to make this a memorable trip, I haven't got my dad talked into it yet, but I am trying! Does anyone know any of the Michigan Drier's they are my kinfolk.

Aaron

TA2D