Need some help

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by chewy, Dec 8, 2009.

1. chewy

chewy New Member

State:
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    Hey guys,

I know this is a site for us all to enjoy outdoor stories and experiences but I am in a bit of a rut. I am just wondereing if anyone knows of any jobs available. I live in Bonneau so I don't want to have to commute for minimum wage. I am experienced in facilities maintenance and information technology. I know that covers a wide area but I believe the more knowledge and skills the better. I just wanted to ask and any information would be very helpful. Thanks everyone.

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    I know the feeling buddy, it is a slow market out there. i have been looking for a new job for about 6 months now. for a matter of fact im fortunate enough to be able to return to school and work on another degree, while i wait for a market rebound. I wish you the best of luck, im sure something will turn up sooner or later. A man can't be to choosy right now though.

have you looked into getting with a head hunting firm. if you do, they may charge you a percentage or a fee after they find you something, but it could help you find something quicker. Just a thought.

3. chewy

chewy New Member

State:
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    I am in school as well and about to finish my Bachelors in IT next year. I have been everywhere. I have been out of work for about 8 months so we are in the same boat. It is tough especially out here. I don't want to commute too far for minimum wage because all of that will go to taxes and gas. What experience do you have? If I see something I can shoot it to you

4. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey if you can run a bucket truck, skyjacker and know commercial electric pm me... I think we are looking for someone to run calls around your area.... Well I know we are lol... I have worked 34 hours in 2 days, I'm running doubles for the next moth at least....

5. chewy

chewy New Member

State:
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    Thanks but that is out of my league. If I come across anyone I will definitely send them your way though.

6. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Hang in there chewy. You may have to consider relocating in this market. I know a couple of plants in East Tennessee that are hiring maintenance but the pay is not worth moving for. I think things are begining to turn.