Need some help.

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by chiliboy, Jun 24, 2009.

1. chiliboy

chiliboy New Member

State:
    california
    Hey everybody I'm new to the site. I wanted to know if there are some good spots to catch cats near salton sea. I want to get some talapia at the sea, and then catch some cats too. If you could let me know where the spot is, and what type of bait to use. I usually eat my catch and I want to be sure the fish is ok to eat. I hear that some of the irrigation canals carry agriculture run off. Any info would be nice. Thanks.

2. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Welcome to the BOC. I know they say the Salton Sea is NOT the place to fish as it is contaminated. Don't fish the New River either. The Alamo and the All American canal are good places to fish. Use live Talapia or Bluegills for bait for flathead cats and cutbait for the channel cats. There are some members down in your area that can give you better details as where exactly to fish. Hope that helps a little.

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    alamo is another river recomended not to eat from. never heard anything about the salton sea being contaminated. used to eat sargo, corvina out of there for yrs.
    almost any of the other canals in the valley are good to fish and eat from. if you are near calipatria, stop at the ace hardware and ask them. they won't tell you wrong. good people there.
    welcome to the site.
    gary

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Welcome to the BOC....."From the beach at LA"...:0a22:
    as mentioned by "tofish" ,,,"the ace is the place" got bait and infor on where to go....

heading down that way myself... today....

Bayrunner Ray

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a25: to the B.O.C. Mike for Nor. California. :0a23:
    I'm sure that one of the fellows down on that end of the state with chime in & help you out Buddy.
    :wink: