Need some help with stren.

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by catfish_clayton, Apr 25, 2007.

1. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    Does annyone know where I could buy stren mono over 30 lb. test.

2. chuck99

chuck99 New Member

State:
    Georgia

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
  4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Stren is some good line.

5. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I know it's not what you asked, but I love stren in the lower sizes (my light spinning rods are matched with 4 and 6 pound stren), but fo rthe heavier stuff I would recommend Big Game.

Try Offshore Angler - they might have the heavier line.

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I strongly agree stren's good for the crappie but when it comes to the big boys there's nothing like big game and power pro

7. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I used to use stren a lot but then I tried suffix in the small test and I like it better. As for catfishing I like braid.

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Ive tried almost every new fishing line there is and always go back to Stren or Bagleys silver thread. But I will be giving suffix a shot this year Ive heard a lot of good things about it.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You can buy Berkley Big Game at local Walmarts, Sporting Good. Catfish Connection, Bass Bro shops and others. You want be sorry if you ever use it once.:lol: :big_smile:

10. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Clayton, I also like Stren and have used it for years Bass fishing. I have searched everywhere and as far as I can tell Stren makes no mono over 30lbs. I tried the big game from berkley and I did not like it. Too much memory, knots did not hold good and the line shows more where faster in the river I fish. I switched to Andes and so far I like how it works. If you do find Stren in 40lbs or more let me know.

11. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Stren Magnaflex comes in higher test than the origional Stren and may be better for bottom fishing.I like Stren for casting artificial bait but is too soft for bottom fishing and gets nicks too easy.
    Jake