Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

It's been awhile since I've posted any reports, reason being is the lower unit has gone out on the pontoon we bought.

It has a 1974 50hp Evinrude model# 50443m, If anyone knows of a lower unit for sale or someone that has a blown motor for sale that I could get the lower unit off of it would be greatly appreciated. Of course if anyone knows of a running used 50 or 60 hp for sale will consider that also. Thanks for any help, I figured this is one of the best places to post for the possibility of finding used boat parts.

· Registered
2,395 Posts
Sorry to hear of your mis-fortune. I guess we all have been there. With that being said, i do know a good friend of mine, due to health issues and the fact that he buys stuff he don't need. Well he has 2 engines that he will sale. I called him when i read this and thought i would let you know. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other but if you are interested, he has a 100Evenrude that he wants $800 for it. He said it was a 70's or 80's he would have to look at the title. The other is a 98 50hp Johnson but he wants $2500 for it. I know very little about either engine other than i fished in the boat with the 100 on it a yr or so ago and it run like a champ then.He don't fish much from his boat cause he wants to run my gas out. He also has a 35 hp but it has the short shaft. Let me know if you are interested.

Only thing i would get out of it will be him offering to put some gas in my boat to take him fishn. (jk)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.