Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Need some help guys!!! Please!!!!

596 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Chris Baker 
#1 ·
I love to catfish but confined to bank fishing at this time so I need some help on places to go. I am located in Columbia, MO. I usaully fish for channels and that is fine, if I get the opportunity for blues or flats that would would be great to also throw out a pole for them also. I have fished a few conservation lakes with some success but looking for other places, spots on the river, lakes, even some conservation areas that are not heavily fished. Has anyone fished out at Fingerlakes park with any success, I have fished Rocky Fork (the big lake) several times? Please help, I want to catch some fish!!!

#2 ·
Mert

Years ago I fished Finger Lakes a bunch when riding ATV's never did much good for cats but thats been some time back. You might want to see if you could find a Missouri Department of Conservation Atlas. I had one years back and would use it to find hunting and fishing spots.

#3 ·
I don't know if there's any truth to it or not, but I was told that the holes formed when the river came out of its banks on the North and West side of the Missouri River bridge just past Midway hold some 30-40 lb. catfish. I've never fished there before, but I can't see any reason why they wouldn't. If you get a chance to fish it let me know how you do. There's also river access at Katfish Katy's just off I-70 at the Huntsdale exit. Check the MDC website...it also has plenty of bankfishing opportunities available to the public. You might also try some of the smaller rivers and creeks around Columbia. I've heard of some nice fish coming out of the smaller tributaries. GOOD LUCK!!!

#4 ·
I heard about Katfish Katy's another person told me there is really no way down to the riverbank and the only place to fish from is the boat ramp. So not really sure, I might have to go check it out in person. Have you been out there and fished, any luck? Can you just fish or do you have to camp there? Thanks for your help, I might check some small rivers if I can find some! Thanks again guys!

#5 ·
You should be able to get down the bank there and find a spot or two to sit. Don't know about the fee but it is only like $5 to use the ramp. I got a 62# blue off that bank a few years ago from a boat so there is fish that use that bank. We also had several other fish there also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.