Need some help for Watts Bar

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Kinch's_cats, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Kinch's_cats

Kinch's_cats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I live in Ohio but I'm leaving for Watts Bar on the 8th and was wondering if I could get any tips or updates on the conditions. I'm taking all my poles so I'll be fishing for bass and cats so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and good luck out there.

2. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    forget the bass poles they are scarce on watts bar. catfish are plentyful most anywhere on the lake. watts bar is 65 miles long what part are you going to.

3. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I have heard some great reports of the catfishing on the lake but have not fished it. Look for the usual structure, deep outside bends in the river channel, water intake and discharge near the nuke plant are also good places. I would not eat the fish from there however.

http://tennessee.gov/twra/fish/contaminants.html

Cheez

4. Kinch's_cats

Kinch's_cats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the tips guys. I'll be staying in Spring City. I think I'll take my bass poles to amuse myself during the day however.:big_smile: If its not too far I was thinking about hitting Chatanooga as well.

5. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    you will be 40 to 50 miles from chattanooga. if i were going to bass fish watts bar it would be near spring city. the tailwaters are great for cats and of course you have those volkswagon size above the dam. catfishing is great anywhere in that area. good luck

6. Kinch's_cats

Kinch's_cats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well its a relief that there might be a few bass around me. I'm really into history so I might go to Chattanooga just to sight see but I want to fish it. For catfishing I will probably just take some shad and chubs to cut up and throw out. I went to Pickwick a couple of times and the big thing there was jugging. Is that the best way or is rod and reel still king?

7. Wade Patton

Wade Patton New Member

State:
    Woodbury, TN
    Yeah, don't eat. PCB's advisories on most species. Good place for big fish and CPR.

How'd it go?