Need some fishing Buddies!

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by Armyguy05, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Armyguy05

Armyguy05 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I am in the army and am never home for that long but when I am there I want somebody who has had the time to get out and scout a few good fishing holes. I can't hardly have any luck aroung the altamaha river and I don't know any other places. Hell I just need someone to hang out with that appreciates fishing like I do. I don't care how old or young you are either just as long as you are good natured. lol

2. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    first things first,LOL
    welcome to the BOC.:big_smile:

now where do you live?
    I live on the county line of Appling and Jeff Davis on the Appling county side.
    if you live close enough, we may be able to hook up some time and hit the river.

3. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Welcome to the BOC...... I am in Jesup near the Altamaha. The river is real low right now. Hopefully in the near future the levels will come up and would be glad to have you join us sometime. Fill us in on your paticulars if you dont mind.

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
  5. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Welcome to the BOC. These are all some pretty good fellas that have responded so far. Get with them and see what they can do for ya. I am up in the middle of the state so I don't know how much good I will do ya. Plus it will be December before I can safely fish for anything other than bait. LOL

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    As was said before welcome to the BOC keep watching the site cause we have gathering in Ga and all over the country so no matter where you go you got family now that you are a member so if you know you will be in a state let the members there know and you will be welcome to join them in a fishing trip or what ever

7. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    well man welcome and i know what you mean by having a hard time getting to fish im also in the army im currently in iraq at alasad air base. but there are alot of people who would love to take u fishing and if u are ever near arkansas i will definantly be more than willing to take you i have time to fish between deployments due to the fact im national guard so hit me up if u ever wanna go

8. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Chris,
    First of all from on Veteran to another and to all of our Men and Women of our Armed Forces fighting for our freedom over there so we don't have to do it here at home. Thank You and God Bless each and everyone of you. We hope and pray daily for your safe return home. Be sure to let all the guys and gals know we appreciate each and everyone of you.

AJ

9. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G

i second that im no vetran and never served but my father and sister ar both marines well dad is retired after 20 yrs service and some time in vietnam and sis got out right before the second part of iraq.

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am surprised you have not hooked up with some fishing veterns yet. I will be down in GA next year, Fort Benning, perhaps we can meet in the middle sometime

11. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Dont know if your question or remark was directed to me but twas a veteran that spoke up when I first came on the BOC. We have met and run the river several times together and they have taught me so much. Just shortly after becoming a member two Ft. Stewart Veterans met with me and we have traded good bit of information and lessons.

Lately Our lives have been busy and of course in dire need of some decent waters in this area to navigate this river.

Hope to get out on the waters soon.

AJ

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    by Veterns, I meant experienced fishermen, but I know there are plenty of Military Veterns on here that are willing to square a brother away. I will be looking for some fishing buddies next year also, so don't be surprised when you get that PM:smile2:.

13. armyfisher

armyfisher Member

State:
    georgia
    well boss i'm up here in fort gordon augusta area i'd be glad to take ya out fishing. the ol lady always rants and raves but i'm out on the water every weekend. i normally fish here on post clarks hill, savanah river. so if you ever wanna get a line wet let me know brother.